Highlighted

after effects light layer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so im new to after effects and I was working on something with 3D shapes. I wanted to add a light layer but its not working. My clips are not precomposed and 3D is selected on all the clips. Whenever I add a light layer to my cube the shading is terrible. The sides of the cube just have a small faded black square in the middle or it just ends up being pitch black. When I tried adding the light layer to my hexagon it made the front and back transparent and for the sides you can see the outline of the shape but the rest is pitch black. 

My settings are 

intensity: 100

Cone angle: 90

Cone Feather: 100

and the light type is spot.

Please help ive been trying to fix this for hours 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

after effects light layer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so im new to after effects and I was working on something with 3D shapes. I wanted to add a light layer but its not working. My clips are not precomposed and 3D is selected on all the clips. Whenever I add a light layer to my cube the shading is terrible. The sides of the cube just have a small faded black square in the middle or it just ends up being pitch black. When I tried adding the light layer to my hexagon it made the front and back transparent and for the sides you can see the outline of the shape but the rest is pitch black. 

My settings are 

intensity: 100

Cone angle: 90

Cone Feather: 100

and the light type is spot.

Please help ive been trying to fix this for hours 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you have important knowledge to learn how you can work with this kind of projects with Cameras, lights, and points of interest. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0