• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS // LOCALIZATION - SWITCHING FROM ENGLISH TO ARABIC IN TEXT LAYERS

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently attempting to switch over all of the English language text layers to Arabic in an After Effects project for a client, who has provided excel sheet of all the translations. Ideally, I want to be able copy and paste from the excel sheet directly into the English text layers, replacing the English of course. But when I attempt to paste the translations into the previously created English text layers, the Arabic characters do not connect and display from left to right instead of right to left.

I am using an appropriate font (Adobe Arabic). And I have already changed the text engine to 'South Asian and Middle Eastern' as well restarted After Effects.

The Arabic characters do connect when I copy into newly created text layers, but ideally I just want to be able to paste directly into the previously created English text layers to preserve the position and scale of the text layer. I am hoping to avoid having to take the extra step of copying and pasting attributes from text layer to text layer due to time constraints and the sheer number of text layers I have to apply translations to. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for solving the above issue? Thank you! Please see images below for reference of the unconnected Arabic characters in action. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

try this website, you can past your text converted then copy and past it in after effects http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/photoshop-arabic/  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wyattw52995801,

Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to help you out. Would you mind sharing the follwoing details:

1. What's the exact version of After Effects you're using?
  2. Are you on macOS or Windows?
  3. Where are you copying the text from? Is it a text editor or web?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this website, you can past your text converted then copy and past it in after effects http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/photoshop-arabic/  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so so much! This website is working perfectly for our needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe that in 2020 the solution is a stuipd one (no offense thank you for it) but from a company like Adobe to still get this wrong out of the box is just unacceptable. I wasted an hour trying to get something that takes half a second to work naturaly and it still doesn't now on any new or existing text layer. Really hate that I have to use Adobe but not for long hopefully. Programs filled with bugs always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're right and I hope adobe can fix that soon, till now if you're trying to write Arabic in a text box that made on AE that didn't set the settings to south Asia and middle Eastern you will not be able to get the correct Arabic, I'm sure at least adobe can create a script can do this easily so you can update all the text layer in a project to support the Arabic language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this is today on a brand new layer with all the right settings on text and type as well and still letters aren't joined. It's on After Effects 2020 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is strange, Arabic writing works perfectly on my side, do you still have that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines