Highlighted

After effects mask problems

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to AE and I've been trying to edit my animated characters in it, but I have a few problems. To make make a dark area, I make a new solid colour area and then carve out a shape with the pen tool, but how do I make the layer of my character be the mask for the solid layer so that the dark shape I made only appears inside my character?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects mask problems

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to AE and I've been trying to edit my animated characters in it, but I have a few problems. To make make a dark area, I make a new solid colour area and then carve out a shape with the pen tool, but how do I make the layer of my character be the mask for the solid layer so that the dark shape I made only appears inside my character?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what track mattes are for. Read the relevant sections of the online help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/blending-modes-layer-styles.html

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0