• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Not Responding

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello whenever I try to do something to my project like add an effect or preview it, it freezes and doesn't respond. I have to wait a few minutes for it to work again or it completely crashes. Even if I want to add a preset or effect it freezes up. I'm not very familiar with pc's so I won't know any terms used for it. The only thing I know about my pc is that its from cyberpower. Please help me its been like that ever since I got after effects so I can't use it as much as I like.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that the pc model im using is GMA3400BST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you your GPU driver is updated to the latest version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and it was already updated to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bianca5F90,

Sorry for your issue.

We'd love to find out why After Effects is not working as it should but we'd need more information on your system (CPU, GPU, RAM). Here's how you can find this information: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-check-your-computer-full-specifications-windows-10

Also, please check if it's happening with a particular project or any project that you open.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the information I got, also its been happening to all of the projects i've worked on, 

RAM 8.00 GB

CPU AMD RYZEN3 2300X Quad-Core Processor

GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX560 Series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Your computer is not meeting the minimum system requirements for After Effects but we'll try our best to help you out. Could you share the details of the media you're working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)? Here's how you can find the details. Also, are you using any third-party plug-ins?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried multiple times to look for the frame rate, and frame size but I couldnt find it. The only plugins I have used is twixtor. Also I think it'll be better if I just upgrade my computer so it can meet the requirments but i'm not sure how I can do that. Is the RAM the only thing I need to upgrade or do I also need to change GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines