Highlighted

After Effects Obj file error

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing the OBJ file and using the Trapcode Form plugin, I get the After Effects error: Form OBJ Error: Illegal obj fail (1) (25 :: 241) error, I uninstalled Trapcode and reinstalled it but again I get the same error. I need your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Obj file error

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing the OBJ file and using the Trapcode Form plugin, I get the After Effects error: Form OBJ Error: Illegal obj fail (1) (25 :: 241) error, I uninstalled Trapcode and reinstalled it but again I get the same error. I need your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you need to fix the OBJ file, not mess around with the plug-in. Open it in a 3D program and re-export a cleaned up version of it.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 4 different 3D objects in the OBJ file that I export, can this be the reason? If so, how can I edit this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely depends on what 3D program you use. Some have "separate/ split meshes" functions, others will require to select individual polygons and copy & paste them to new layers/ objects or to invert the selection(s) and delete unwanted polygons. The number of meshes doesn't matter. An OBJ file is just one huge lump of polygons and vertices. It's more likely that the sheer number of polygons could be an issue, that there is "bad" geometry in the file or that it contains invalid entity info like e.g. proprietary custom info that some 3D programs store as comments in the file. Impossible to know without any info about the source and nature of your files.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0