Highlighted

After effects opening older version and removing newer effects

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project saved in AE 2020 but it keeps opening in 2019 and removing all of the tapers I have on dozens of strokes.  (Love being able to taper strokes now wow). I accidently saved the 2019 version and now have a ton of work to redo.  How can the file saved in a newer version keep opening in the old version and reverting!?  I deleted AE2019 and it works fine now but it cost me a lot of time.  This is more of a glitch for Adobe to be aware of and fix than an ask for help. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects opening older version and removing newer effects

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project saved in AE 2020 but it keeps opening in 2019 and removing all of the tapers I have on dozens of strokes.  (Love being able to taper strokes now wow). I accidently saved the 2019 version and now have a ton of work to redo.  How can the file saved in a newer version keep opening in the old version and reverting!?  I deleted AE2019 and it works fine now but it cost me a lot of time.  This is more of a glitch for Adobe to be aware of and fix than an ask for help. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a matter of OS. 

Your OS remembers to open *aep files with a certain AE version.

If you update and OS opens the file in an older AE version, close AE without saving, right click project file fnd choose "open with", or whatever this is called in your OS. Choose the correct version of AE and you are safe till the next version update.

If you don't have any backups or autosaves, take this as a lession in file handling and re-do your work. 

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines