• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects: Out of memory.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me figure this one out, Google has not shown me any answers. I am editing some masks of an AI file in After Effects and I will randomly get the following error:

"After Effects: Out of memory. (5059K requested)
(23::40)"

Forcing me to the Task Manager and end AE's process to close it all down and restart the program.

This will happen when doing ANYTHING really, the content or what task I am performing does not matter, this will happen at random anytime I am working in AE. Now, everything online says people with similar errors might need more RAM. I do not see that being the case here since I have 32 GB in this PC. I allocate 26 GB of that RAM to Adobe products, so how it ever runs out of memory is beyond me.

I will admit that I have not attempted to reinstall or anything yet due to time constraints, but it is at a point now that is almost impossible to work with. Please let me know what is going on here and what solutions might help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the resolution of the Ai file and the comp setting on AE

A good habit to get used to is to purge memory every now and again while in a project

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, the comp setting is 1920x1080. The AI file is 250x276. I purged memory AND disk cache before my session today and it STILL gave me this error. It's not just this file either. If I start working with text layers inside AE, it will still do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Read all to understand the causes and troubleshooting steps)

I had After Effects CC 2019 throw all popular errors on me:

- out of memory

- display acceleration disabled

- unspecified drawing error

- keylight out of memory

After trying all solution proposals I could find, like...

- reinstalling the software

- changing and clearing the cache

- changing settings (mercury transmit, skipping frames, hardware acceleration, cpu/gpu rendering etc.)

- resetting settings (ctrl+alt+shift while launching the app)

...the errors were still there.

The last thing I didn't try was to disable all startup/tray-running apps. And guess what? AE started to work stable again!Then I wanted to pin-point which of the startup apps was responsible for the "damage", so I disabled them one by one and checked how AE behaved. And guess what? Errors came back! So none of the startup apps was to blame.

This time I've decided to check systems Event Viewer for more clues...

Every time AE crashed, the event viewer issued a warning "Resource-Exhaustion-Detector" with details like "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ..."
This kind of error usually reflects a paging file problem. This moment I also realized I've turned off my paging files completely once I bought 32GB of RAM assuming it wont be needed anymore with this amount of memory on board.

Re-enabling "automatic managing of paging file for all drives" in system settings brought stability and performance back to AE and it didn't throw me any of above mentioned errors again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 128GB of RAM and I just got this error. I opened up task manager to see that AE was using 78GB of RAM on a 2 second 4k comp that consisted of simply animating 10 pixel-based photoshop layers. Its total bull hockey and Adobe software has become complete buggy garbage. The other day Premiere crashed. Then Illustrator just randombly closed while grouping opjects. Its fracking aweful. And this is on a brand new HP Z8 workstation. But I've had similar experiences on 4 different high-end workstations over the past 6 or 7 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah me too.. Im having this same problem as above.. and I as well have a high end work station 128 gb of ram.. threadripper 32 core.. mostly nvme drives.. dual titan rtx.. and adobe has problems on this computer.. its insane.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had similar issue and this helped alot

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stay on same problem, help me guys!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread but has the problem been solved? If so, any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines