Highlighted

After Effects Painting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i currently have a video i am working on that is a plain view shot of a license plate, i need to remove the numbers and replace the numbers with text. this is a moving shot so i know tracking would be needing. Am i able to paint over the number with the same color referernce from the licence plate and track that with the camera movement?

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Painting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i currently have a video i am working on that is a plain view shot of a license plate, i need to remove the numbers and replace the numbers with text. this is a moving shot so i know tracking would be needing. Am i able to paint over the number with the same color referernce from the licence plate and track that with the camera movement?

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Painting doesn't really make any sense here. Why would you even bother if you are going to cover things up, anyway? Simply re-create the plate from scratch in Photoshop and plopp it on top of the original, which of course could include using some references from the video to mimic dirt or specific colorations. Realyl no need to make it more complicated than that.

Mylenium 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the camera or the car is moving you will need to do some corner pin tracking. Mocha AE is best suited to a typical shot of a moving car or a shot of a car with a moving camera.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0