Highlighted

After Effects performance with the new M1 chip & Max 16GB "Unified" RAM

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 MacMini i7 with 32GB DDR Ram. Will the new M1 Mac Mini with max 16GB of "Unified Memory" likely provide similar AE performance for pre-rendering, etc? Or do you think my old MacMini will still outperform it. And if so by how much?

I read Adobe have been prepareing all their app for M1. Does this mean apps like AE will be utilising CPU more than RAM in upcoming releases anyway?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects performance with the new M1 chip & Max 16GB "Unified" RAM

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 MacMini i7 with 32GB DDR Ram. Will the new M1 Mac Mini with max 16GB of "Unified Memory" likely provide similar AE performance for pre-rendering, etc? Or do you think my old MacMini will still outperform it. And if so by how much?

I read Adobe have been prepareing all their app for M1. Does this mean apps like AE will be utilising CPU more than RAM in upcoming releases anyway?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Ram is better, always. I would wait for benchmarks before investing in new hardware unless you have the money to keep both the old and new systems. The same applies to OS updates. Wait before updating and/or mirror your boot drive so you can easily revert to the previous version of your software unless you love being a beta tester and missing deadlines because of incompatibility issues that pop up when software or hardware changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 2