E505D134-391C-4D80-A34F-4EAA6C78AC9D.jpeg

 I import vector after effects and it shows me in pixels

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects pixels

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E505D134-391C-4D80-A34F-4EAA6C78AC9D.jpeg

 I import vector after effects and it shows me in pixels

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike AI, AE alsways works with pixels. AE is designed for video and there are no vectors in video.

But AE is capable of working with vectors, which means you can scale a vector file as large as you want and it sill stays sharp and crisp. You have to activate continous rasterization on all vector layers and comps in order to do so.

The preview of AE always shows pixels, because AE is a video tool. You can zoom in the preview to 1600% and the pixels will be gigantic. Sometimes this is necassary for detailed work. However, everthing in the preview is rasterized and you cannot retain quality when zooming into a rasterized image.

Don't mistook those two concepts: scaling a vector is no problem, if CR is activated - zooming into the preview always shows a pixelated image, even on vectors.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a vector based Illustrator file you can click on the Continuous Rasterization button. If it is a raster image from Illustrator then you will only have pixels as there are no vectors contained in the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines