Highlighted

After Effects playback is slow

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects playback is very slow even though everything has been rendered.
This already happens with minimal animations as they normally should not be a problem. It says display acceleration disabled in the top right corner. (After effects 17.1.1) I updated my Nvidiacard and installed other older versions of After Effects (Still slow) With the older versions under 16.3 there was no display
acceleration disabled message but the playback was still very slow. My computer: Dell XPS 15 9650 Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB Ram (DDR4) 4KUHD Display GeForce GTX 1050 Thanks in advance!

Topics

Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects playback is slow

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects playback is very slow even though everything has been rendered.
This already happens with minimal animations as they normally should not be a problem. It says display acceleration disabled in the top right corner. (After effects 17.1.1) I updated my Nvidiacard and installed other older versions of After Effects (Still slow) With the older versions under 16.3 there was no display
acceleration disabled message but the playback was still very slow. My computer: Dell XPS 15 9650 Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB Ram (DDR4) 4KUHD Display GeForce GTX 1050 Thanks in advance!

Topics

Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luuk_D1,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

We haven't seen "Display Acceleration Disabled" with the 17.1.2 update. Would you mind installing the After Effects and your GPU driver update and see if it works?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check it!, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have accidentally change the frame rate in the Preview panel? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it, but the frame rate was 25fps... 😞 so that can't be the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the composition and what quality of reproduction are you using, in what color depth are you animating, what do you mean by minimal animations, what operating system are you using, etc. In addition to this data, take screenshots to try to see if there is something strange or that you could set better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines