Highlighted

After Effects/Premiere Issues: Missing fonts that are not missing

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I get an error saying I'm missing fonts that I otherwise have installed.  In fact, I've opened up photoshop and typed text using those fonts and it works fine, though for whatever reason the font isn't showing up in AE or PR? Any thoughts on why that happens?  Or sometimes it'll say I'm missing a font when opening a project on another computer, (even though the font is installed) then I'll navigate to the text, click on the font which will say, for example [Bebas Neue], then I'll scroll through my font options in AE, find Bebas Neue, click on it and then the text changes to Bebas. So AE has the font, it just says for whatever reason it's not there.  This can be a major issue on a large project with text scatter across multiple comps, since there's no way I can globally select all the text using that font and change it.

I believe this was true on both mac and windows. At the time of the issue we were probably running CC2018.

-Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects/Premiere Issues: Missing fonts that are not missing

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I get an error saying I'm missing fonts that I otherwise have installed.  In fact, I've opened up photoshop and typed text using those fonts and it works fine, though for whatever reason the font isn't showing up in AE or PR? Any thoughts on why that happens?  Or sometimes it'll say I'm missing a font when opening a project on another computer, (even though the font is installed) then I'll navigate to the text, click on the font which will say, for example [Bebas Neue], then I'll scroll through my font options in AE, find Bebas Neue, click on it and then the text changes to Bebas. So AE has the font, it just says for whatever reason it's not there.  This can be a major issue on a large project with text scatter across multiple comps, since there's no way I can globally select all the text using that font and change it.

I believe this was true on both mac and windows. At the time of the issue we were probably running CC2018.

-Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
zece93 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem and it makes me crazy. I have to fix all texts. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines