• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preview performance

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently upgraded my RAM from 64 to 128GB. I also upgraded my I9 processor from 6 cores to 8 cores. In addition, I  upgraded my Nvidia video card from a single Geforce 1080 to  2 parallel Geforce RTX 2080 TI's

Yet, I am seeing virtually no improvement with AE previews. This makes no sence to me, so I figure I must have something setup wrong?

I appreciate any help on this.

thanks

PDG

TOPICS
Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing wrong. Sorry, but the blunt answer to this is that you don't understand how AE works under the hood, no offense. There's literally a quadrizillion posts on this under the "How to optimize performance?" subject heading and I've equally answered as many times in such post, but here's the short version - again for the umpteenth time:

• mostly single-threaded, linear processing due to temporal integrity considerations
  • AE uses a full-buffer renderer that doesn't do any fancy tiles or whatever that could be processed in parallel
  • some really old paradigms and approaches to certain things you would do differently today
  • barely any GPU usage to begin with
  • GPU usage gets easily disabled/ overridden and the program falls back to software-only rendering depending on specific project structures liek complex nesting or using non-accelerated effects.

So, to cut a long story short, where AE is concerned you have spent a lot of money for nothing. Feel free to look up all those other posts for even more detailed answers, but suffice is to say that you don't achieve anything by throwing hardware at AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines