Highlighted

After Effects "Character Palette" Error

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having an increasingly annoying issue opening projects from legacy versions of Ae, which right now encompasses every project before the 2018 release. We re-use a ton of assets here & are constantly re-opening older projects to retrieve them so a solution for this is absolutely crucial to us. The only work around we have found so far is saving down to a CC 2014 version on a Windows PC, which we do not have in-house. We appreciate what ever feedback / solutions / input we can get from anyone who has had this issue. We have attached specs for our machines, thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.31.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.14.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.13.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects "Character Palette" Error

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having an increasingly annoying issue opening projects from legacy versions of Ae, which right now encompasses every project before the 2018 release. We re-use a ton of assets here & are constantly re-opening older projects to retrieve them so a solution for this is absolutely crucial to us. The only work around we have found so far is saving down to a CC 2014 version on a Windows PC, which we do not have in-house. We appreciate what ever feedback / solutions / input we can get from anyone who has had this issue. We have attached specs for our machines, thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.31.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.14.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.13.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! lograste solucionar ese problema? Yo lo tengo y no le encuentro solución 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you share details on your system specifications and the exact version of After Effects that you are using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Also, does it work fine if you create a new project and reopen it?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 12.04.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-30 at 12.08.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-30 at 12.08.35 PM.png

same problem for me as well.
AE is in latest version.(MacPro 2013 model)
when i try to Convert "text psd layer" to text, AE crashes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sudeshprathap,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for your issue.

Would you mind elaborating more on what's happening? Do you get this error message when you open the project or when you covert the text layer? Is it happening with new projects as well? Also, do you see any crash reports?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nishu_kush,

I am having the same issue. I get the error message when I open any project and either:

1. Try to convert a PSD to a text layer 

2. When I try to copy text from photoshop to AE.

I've reinstalled AE, restarted my computer, deleted any 3rd party apps, and deleted preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my build and the error message.Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.41.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 3.27.00 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. Did this get resolved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!! Since last big update (few mouths ago) my AE crash before oppening and I heve the same error. Pls, help me fix this problem. I'm using other editors while I wait for soluntions, but I'm paying and not using. 

I send a lot of reports after every crash.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue with some fonts families. Please, I need a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This should be fixed in After Effects 17.1.4.

Have you updated to this version? If not, please give it a shot and let me know.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have updated to this version : /

The font that I try tu use is a variable font, it's called "Agrandir Variable".

If you know how I can resolve the issue, it could be fine.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it working with another font, guillamon_studio?

Are you on Windows or Mac?

-Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on Mac. IOS Catalina 10.15.5.
Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines