• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects "GPU Out of Memory" error

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a project that was working fine about a month ago, but then I upgraded AE (and all my plugins) and now I'm not able to work on the project anymore.  Even when I turn off GPU Acceleration and use Mercury Software Only, my comps will not load.  After a while my comps turn black and I'm not able to view anything at all, even non-composition sources.

I'm not sure how to further debug this issue.  It seems my GPU usage never hits 100% though.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Try this:

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-08 a la(s) 21.54.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Thanks so much for the answer, Byron.  That is some great advice.  It turned out my GPU was in fact out of memory.  My poor little GTX 1080 only had 8GB of VRAM and with all the effects I was using, it needed about 12GB total.  Upgrading my GPU with solved the issue and I was finally able to open this project again after 8 months.  Using less effects would have also solved the issue.  Boa and Layer Sculptor by BAO are both VRAM hogs!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-08 a la(s) 21.54.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the answer, Byron.  That is some great advice.  It turned out my GPU was in fact out of memory.  My poor little GTX 1080 only had 8GB of VRAM and with all the effects I was using, it needed about 12GB total.  Upgrading my GPU with solved the issue and I was finally able to open this project again after 8 months.  Using less effects would have also solved the issue.  Boa and Layer Sculptor by BAO are both VRAM hogs!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome James!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byron, i tried everyting to fix it, but i still get the GPU out of memory-error. I'm working on a MacBook Pro (16", 2019) running on Big Sur, see my specs attached. Comparing to the AE-requirements from Adobe, everything should be fine. What else could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i guess i fixed it. I just disconnected my 2 external displays. now it seems to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines