After effects random black frames?

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I worked on a previous project and sometimes had an issue with random black frames appearing. I'm doing another now and when I first use the video and watch it there's only black frames at the first couple of frames then the rest plays correctly. Once I add a time remap and add the 2 key points to make a slow motion spot..black frames appear in the slow motion spot and outside of it and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I have tried creating whole new projects and creating it from scratch. I've used mercury software only and GPU acceleration and none work. I also tried frame blending and when I turn it on the entire project just becomes black and if I click twice, it becomes black and flashing purple and all wild. I have no idea what I did or how to fix this. Would really appreciate some help as it's gotten on my nerves! 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects random black frames?

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I worked on a previous project and sometimes had an issue with random black frames appearing. I'm doing another now and when I first use the video and watch it there's only black frames at the first couple of frames then the rest plays correctly. Once I add a time remap and add the 2 key points to make a slow motion spot..black frames appear in the slow motion spot and outside of it and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I have tried creating whole new projects and creating it from scratch. I've used mercury software only and GPU acceleration and none work. I also tried frame blending and when I turn it on the entire project just becomes black and if I click twice, it becomes black and flashing purple and all wild. I have no idea what I did or how to fix this. Would really appreciate some help as it's gotten on my nerves! 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot:

Cropped, no properties of the layer revealed, no comp or workflow information has been included. I don't know if I am looking at the footage layer or the rendered footage. If purging memory and disk cache will not solve the problem then my first guess is mismatched frame rates and MP4 footage from a mobile device or a screen capture program. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still fairly new to this stuff and I have no idea what you need to see. I only attached a picture to show the actual black frame screen that appeared to show it covered the whole thing. Since it has been a problem on more than one video i figures nothing else was as relevant as it was most likely related to the source of videos. No other goal by it. I already purged memory and cache so I know that's not it. I was figuring it might be a frame rate problem. It was recorded with an iPhone but if that is in fact the issue I have no earthly idea how to go about fixing it..which is why I'm here. Would be very helpful to know what to do and how to *hopefully* fix it

Literally all I have is the video itself and the time remapping. If I remove the time remapping it appears to be completely fine and doesn't show any but once I add it that's when the black frames start appearing randomly 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0