Highlighted

After effects randomly not responding at all

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days After Effects completely stops responding to any inputs at all. (like 1 or 2 times an hour)

I can't save the project, the only thing i can do is to end it with task manager.

The weird thing is that it still renders for RAM preview and keeps playing it back indefinitely.

Video of whats happening

https://youtu.be/5XU81BMKYNI

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Topics

Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects randomly not responding at all

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days After Effects completely stops responding to any inputs at all. (like 1 or 2 times an hour)

I can't save the project, the only thing i can do is to end it with task manager.

The weird thing is that it still renders for RAM preview and keeps playing it back indefinitely.

Video of whats happening

https://youtu.be/5XU81BMKYNI

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Topics

Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the usual applies: Install the latest 17.06 update for AE, check your hardware acceleration settings, update your graphics driver. Also monitor your task manager. Anything beyond that would require better information liek actual system info, settings used and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines