• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects render failing at 0 because of disk space

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm 15 years old and I'm an Instagram editor, so I might not know a lot about computer stuff, but I have followed many tutorials about clearing up disk space. I have cleared the space multiple times but my project still refuses to render and gives the same error (disk space is full). I have manually cleared the disk space (Media cache files and media cache) and even from appdata. And my Creative Cloud doesn't update and fails because: there is no space on the disk. I tried rendering my old projects that have rendered before (just for testing) but they aren't rendering too. I have even tried Adobe Media Encoder to render it but it couldn't connect to AE, which is why I turned to Creative Cloud to update both AME and AE to the latest version. Can someone please help me? Nothing has worked so far and it's been a day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moving from Community (forum) Help to After Effects.]

Sounds like you haven't got a big enough computer.  Please ensure your computer exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Requirements vary by product so check each one. Also keep in mind that macOS Catalina alone requires 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of HD storage.  To edit video, particularly HD video, you need a powerful computer with ample empty HD space.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Recommended After Effects Workstation

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-After-Effects-144/Hardware-Re...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much space is free on the drive AE is installed to?
Is your AE cache directed elsewhere (if you have more than one physical drive)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it renders now after clearing up temporary files! I do a lot of saving because my AE crashes a lot and I think the aeps took up a lot of space. Thanks for the answers, it wasn't the solution to my problem but it definitely could be the solution to someone else's problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines