• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects rendering Tiff Sequence too short or QT Animation file dull

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brought in a tiff sequence to after effects and made the comp 24fps. After editing, I rendered this AE file in another tiff sequence in the comp's 24fps. It's length however is too short when I bring it back in AE to check that everything rendered right. It's 1 second shorter than the original, so I assume AE is not rendering out all the frames. The color is great, but I don't understand how the tiff sequence I render comes out shorter than the original tiff sequence.

I tried to problem solve the time issue by just rendering the AE file as a Quicktime Animation file instead. The time renders out correctly, but the color comes out duller than the original.

If someone could help me either fix the short Tiff Sequence render or the unsaturated Animation render, that'd be awesome since all my files are snippets that need to be taken after I'm done to a final composite.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to check the frame rate of the imported image sequence. It's probably 30 because that is the default. You can change the interpretation in the Project Panel by selecting the sequence and using the File>Interpret Footage menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Tiff sequence would import as 30fps, but I told it to import and make a composition--in which I made those composition settings 24fps. I used the Comp in my rendering, not the image sequence so when I render the final in 24fps, I would think everything should be the same. That's why I'm confused why the render is still wrong If everything is in 24 and I tell it to render in 24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF AE doesn't KNOW the footage is supposed to be 24, how do you expect it to TREAT it as 24?  Go fix it in interpret footage, man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think everything should be the same.

Image sequences per se have no intrinsic framerate. You can view them at whatever frame rate you desire, hence it's critical to set the footage interpretation accordingly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delainey2020baker  wrote

Yes, the Tiff sequence would import as 30fps, but I told it to import and make a composition--in which I made those composition settings 24fps. I used the Comp in my rendering, not the image sequence so when I render the final in 24fps, I would think everything should be the same. That's why I'm confused why the render is still wrong If everything is in 24 and I tell it to render in 24

Changing the composition frame rate has no effect on the frame rate of the image sequence.  You must ensure your image sequence is being interpreted at 24 fps as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the frame rate for all Image Sequences you import into AE, in AE's Prefs - see image below. Once this is set to your needs, you do not have to interpret footage each time you import an Image Sequence.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is working now thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines