• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects RGB+Alpha export looks horrible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to export a quick graphic with glow out of AE so that it can be used as an overlay for future videos. I have exported this same type of motion graphic that contains a glow before and not had this issue where the glows edges are clearly visible and look horrible.
Export Settings 
Quicktime Alpha+ RGB using the animation codec

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Looks a lot like 8-bit banding to me. It also looks like you had the color mode set to Premultiplied instead of Straight Alpha. Premiere Pro likes straight alpha, so does AE and every other compositing app. 

I would use 10-bit Cineware with alpha for subtle color gradiations like your sample images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro open the sequence settings and Uncheck composite in linear color and see if it works for you.
You may also try checking Maximum bit depth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was already set to both. I think its a render issue from After Effects because the glow doesn't show up normal in even the quicktime. Do you know what the best rgb+alpha export settings are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your alpha straight or premultiplied? Is Premiere interpreting the alpha correctly? What codec are you using for exporting the Quicktime RGB+Alpha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks a lot like 8-bit banding to me. It also looks like you had the color mode set to Premultiplied instead of Straight Alpha. Premiere Pro likes straight alpha, so does AE and every other compositing app. 

I would use 10-bit Cineware with alpha for subtle color gradiations like your sample images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines