Exit

After effects running really slow render and preview

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

here a new issue with ae.

I have a brand new iMac, and ae is not working properly at all, the preview and render times are ridiculously slow. Here a test I did with the same project and same renders using my 2 machines, that is insane.

Any ideas?

thanks!RENDER AE 06-10-20.jpg

TOPICS
Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you installing the latest update 10.15.7? this update includes a bug fix especially for the new iMac 2020 and AMD Radeon 5700 XT.

also, try to check the activity monitor and see if there any app use a high a percentage of your processor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. That's true, I am actually on 10.15.6, I didn't know about a bug with AMD Radeon 5700 XT

I will try to update and see how it goes.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have an update or any other issues you've noticed. I am looking into buying a 2020 imac and weary of what I've heard about the 5700XT (I use AE for 3D rendering).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines