• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects says Effect Plugins are missing and then crashes.

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open After Effects 2020, I receive two messages:

"After Effects Warning: Can't use the 3D Camera Tracker tool because the "3D Camera Tracker" effect plugin is missing. You may need to reinstall."

"After Effects Warning: Can't use the Mocha CC tool because the "Mocha CC" effect plugin is missing. You may need to reinstall."

Then After Effects opens and ANOTHER error pops up saying:

"After Effects can't continue: The required Cinema 4D effect plugin could not be loaded. You may need to reinstall."

and once I've clicked off that, After Effects closes with this message:

"After effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup"

I literally used After Effects yesterday and everything worked perfectly. Previously to this today, it wouldn't open due to being stuck on "cleaning up Animation Composer" so i deleted that plugin and now all this! Please can anyone advise me?

Currently running:

After Effects 2020
Cinema 4D r20
MacOS Mojave
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you to unistall and install again After Effects with the Creative Cloud app. It looks like you have removed something important when deleting the Animation Composer plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. my cinema 4d plugin could not be loaded. but i apparently cannot do anything because i started on my projects immediately and downloaded plugins without logging into an adobe account. my after effect program came with my brand new 2020 hp laptop. im running ae cc 2018 on windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im sorry, i might need to rephrase this: you suggested a uninstall-reinstall of the ae program right? the only way i know how to do that is through the creative cloud application- but the thing is my after effects isn't registered on my adobe account. because i immediately started working and adding plugins to my program without logging into an account- so now i have no idea what to do.

please get back to me when you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi williamc26044895,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope that reinstalling After Effects as suggested by Jose_Panadero helped. If you are still having the same issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Try to do a clean installation using the Cleaner tool.
  2. If you are using any antivirus, turn it off and check After Effects.
  3. Reset the preferences of After Effects and check if works for After Effects.
  4. Create a new user account and check if it helps.

Let us know if any of these steps help.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. my cinema 4d plugin could not be loaded. but i apparently cannot do anything because i started on my projects immediately and downloaded plugins without logging into an adobe account. my after effect program came with my brand new 2020 hp laptop. im running ae cc 2018 on windows 10.

are you able to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im sorry, i might need to rephrase this: you suggested a uninstall-reinstall of the ae program right? the only way i know how to do that is through the creative cloud application- but the thing is my after effects isn't registered on my adobe account. because i immediately started working and adding plugins to my program without logging into an account- so now i have no idea what to do.

please get back to me when you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines