Highlighted

After Effects Scaling Issues

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. I've followed tutorials on youtube step-by-step on making edits. When I'm doing a zoom in/out transition, It doesn't show it scaling. In the timeline area, I have the keyframes and stopwatch set and everything. I pressed s for scaling on that clip, and clicked and draged it larger and smaller. The numbers are getting larger and smaller when I change it, but it isn't showing it. Also, when I preview it either it's stuck on one photo/file and no audio. For me to hear, I have to preview the audio part, but it doesn't show anything. Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Scaling Issues

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. I've followed tutorials on youtube step-by-step on making edits. When I'm doing a zoom in/out transition, It doesn't show it scaling. In the timeline area, I have the keyframes and stopwatch set and everything. I pressed s for scaling on that clip, and clicked and draged it larger and smaller. The numbers are getting larger and smaller when I change it, but it isn't showing it. Also, when I preview it either it's stuck on one photo/file and no audio. For me to hear, I have to preview the audio part, but it doesn't show anything. Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very first thing you should do when you have problems with a layer is solo that layer to make sure you are looking at the layer you think you are seeing, then with the layer selected, press the 'u' key twice to reveal all modified properties. There is no bug that I know that causes the transform controls on the layer to freeze up. If there is an expression driving a property the values turn red. If the values are set by the expression you cannot make changes. Some expressions use a value + method in the code that will allow you to make adjustments in the values. You can temporarily turn off expressions in the timeline by clicking the appropriate icon.

If you are having problems with a specific tutorial or a template, please post a link to that tutorial and tell us exactly where the problem is. There are a huge number of tutorials out there that leave something out of the instructions or just promote inefficient workflows. We can't know what you are dealing with without details. 

If you still can't figure it out, select the layer, press 'uu' and take a screenshot of the entire comp, then post it using the toolbar in the reply form and give us any additional details you can. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
hqnnqh LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add a video of it, but it says I can't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0