Highlighted

After Effects scripting

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have a general question about scripting, because I'm just starting with it. Can you make a script add an effect, that was made with the Pseudo Effect Maker to a layer? And in general can you make the script do stuff with other plug-ins? For example just change the values of an instance of Trapcode Particular. Thanks in advance for an answer!

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects scripting

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have a general question about scripting, because I'm just starting with it. Can you make a script add an effect, that was made with the Pseudo Effect Maker to a layer? And in general can you make the script do stuff with other plug-ins? For example just change the values of an instance of Trapcode Particular. Thanks in advance for an answer!

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pseudo-effects behave like normal effects, but since they're based on animation presets, you'd call up the respective preset in the first place, anyway. Scripts can manipulate any visible/ accessible property, including on third-party plug-ins. In case of particular this may be a bit more limited in recent versions, though, ever since they switched to creating effects with a separate editor. Some newer stuff may not be available to scripts.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks Mylenium!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need help applying Pseudo Effect via scripting, I've got a repository that helps in doing so: https://github.com/rendertom/PseudoEffect

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 2
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tomas, I'll try that!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0