• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects shuts down starting project (solved)

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I have a really massive problem with After Effects right now. Here's the process so far:

1. Yesterday I updated to 17.1.1 Everything was shiny while working with my project. Also today I could still work with it perfectly.

2. today: I wanted to make a change in the preferences, but After Effects froze while trying.

3. then I read that in this case you should reset the prefrences and did just that.

4. since then After Effects closes itself every time I try to change the workspace and I can't open any projects anymore. Even then the program simply closes without any error message.

5. I installed the old AE version, but unfortunately without any difference.

6. since then I have tried the following solutions:

- Deinstallation Restart and reinstallation (multiple times)
- Removing plug-ins
- The thing with permissions

Now I'm really desperate and don't know what more I can do. I urgently need to continue working on my project because the deadline next week is breathing down my neck.

Here some more information about my system:

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.6

iMac Retina 5K
Processor 3,6 GHz Intel Core i9
Memory 32GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphic Radeon Pro 575X 4GB

As mentioned above: using AE 17.1.1 since yesterday.

So, can anyone help me?

Thank you very much in advance!

--

Found MY solution: turns out, there was any kind of hiccup with my plugins. I really don't understand where it came from all of a sudden... but after I made sure that really all plugin data was deleted, everything worked again.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the various cache folders and flush them. This could entirely be down to damaged cache files. Likewise, check the various config files/ logs from the OpenGL utility. A stored wrong config can cause all sorts of mayhem.  Also check for any leftovers in your system's temp folders like e.g. temporary AE files from DynamicLink, should you ever have used it. For anything beyond that the relevant crash info would certainly help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium!

Thank you for the hint and I will check it all out! If any of it solves my problem, I will of course report it.

If anyone has any further ideas, let me know. 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

thanks again for your impulses! I found my solution. Will update my post for this specific issue. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do many things but when I use the pen tool to create shapes, after effects 17.1.1 crashes.
this is at my computer work, with windows 10 (1909), intel xeon 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, graphics card AMD firepro w2100 (2GB), I know it's not that great, but before this update everything was working fine.
At home my laptop with windows 10 (1909), core i7 gen6, 16GB RAM and nvidia gtx1070 (8GB), it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be an issue with hardware acceleration for the umpteenth time. have you tried to set software-only rendering in the prefs and the comp/ layer viewer options?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just found the problem for me
I had the cinema 4D active, just switched to 3D classic render and it works now.
Just one more thing, i don't have the manage versions (previous versions) option anymore?Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines