May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

I am pretty new to adobe, I have been using Photoshop and After Effects with an old Macbook Air, which works absolutely fine. However, when I use After Effects on the iMac

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

to do basic animation on flyers from photoshop it just struggles to even work. Constantly freezing, soon as I add anything like a rotation or scale change it freezes and just lags to the point I have to restart. I have followed a number of tutorials and directed the cache to an external drive etc but none of this effects the perfomance. I am literally talking 3-4 layers with very limited effects. My aim was to be able to add audio underneath to create 1 minute promo vids, however the only way I seem to get anywhere, is make the 15 second animation on AE on my old Air, and then put the footage and audio into Imovie and duplicate the footage to make a minute. This just seems like a long process when i pay for the more advanced software. I also downloaded Premier Pro. Hopefully it is just a setting wrong. 

Thanks 

FTT

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Slow

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

I am pretty new to adobe, I have been using Photoshop and After Effects with an old Macbook Air, which works absolutely fine. However, when I use After Effects on the iMac

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

to do basic animation on flyers from photoshop it just struggles to even work. Constantly freezing, soon as I add anything like a rotation or scale change it freezes and just lags to the point I have to restart. I have followed a number of tutorials and directed the cache to an external drive etc but none of this effects the perfomance. I am literally talking 3-4 layers with very limited effects. My aim was to be able to add audio underneath to create 1 minute promo vids, however the only way I seem to get anywhere, is make the 15 second animation on AE on my old Air, and then put the footage and audio into Imovie and duplicate the footage to make a minute. This just seems like a long process when i pay for the more advanced software. I also downloaded Premier Pro. Hopefully it is just a setting wrong. 

Thanks 

FTT

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?