Highlighted

After effects snapping not working

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some issues with the snapping to grid feature in After Effects. I watched many tutorials and videos to understand what I'm doing wrong and it doesn't seem the behave the way everyone else is experiencing it. What am I doing wrong...

My snapping is turned on...

1.jpg

And I seem to have all the right options on...

2.jpg

What am I missing???

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects snapping not working

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some issues with the snapping to grid feature in After Effects. I watched many tutorials and videos to understand what I'm doing wrong and it doesn't seem the behave the way everyone else is experiencing it. What am I doing wrong...

My snapping is turned on...

1.jpg

And I seem to have all the right options on...

2.jpg

What am I missing???

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the After Effects forum from Get Started

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 0
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What. are you trying to snap to the grid. Scale will not snap, Position and Anchor point will.  Vertices and bezier handles will snap. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are doing the exact same tutorial, and I am having the exact same issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a link to the tutorial. I haven't seen this one so I don't know where the explanation and workflow are falling apart. The most common error that I see is selecting Proportional Grid (Alt/Opti+ on + ') instead of Grid (Ctrl/Cmnd + '). There is no snapping to a proportional grid. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating the rectangle on a new shape layer.

I am also doing this project, and snapping only worked for me when I created the rectangle on a new shape layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0