Highlighted

After Effects sometimes renders differently?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, I am an avid experimental artist and sometimes the effects I put on my art sometimes renders differently in render queue and the media encoder. Example being, I have a blurry-like effect and I want it to stay blurry but the render brings up the resolution and makes it look crispy. Another instance is when using the Set Channels effect and splitting up 3 different layers, RBG, it for some reason only rendered the Blue layer? Not exactly sure why it does this, I have cleared my cache and memory. It seems to only happen on very rare occasions but when it happens it's very noticeable. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

Compression can reduce noise, so try exporting to a near-lossless format like ProRes and see if it looks better. Also, make sure you're viewing at full res in AE.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects sometimes renders differently?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, I am an avid experimental artist and sometimes the effects I put on my art sometimes renders differently in render queue and the media encoder. Example being, I have a blurry-like effect and I want it to stay blurry but the render brings up the resolution and makes it look crispy. Another instance is when using the Set Channels effect and splitting up 3 different layers, RBG, it for some reason only rendered the Blue layer? Not exactly sure why it does this, I have cleared my cache and memory. It seems to only happen on very rare occasions but when it happens it's very noticeable. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

Compression can reduce noise, so try exporting to a near-lossless format like ProRes and see if it looks better. Also, make sure you're viewing at full res in AE.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE projects should render the same in AE or AME, but if you're getting incosistent results it could be a sign of a bad video card or bad video drivers. Try updating your GPU drivers first and see if that fixes it. If you still get sporatic issues you may want to get a new GPU. There's a possibility it's a speicifc plugin / effect misbehaving so if you can narrow down the specific effect that's causing this, that can help troubleshooting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for instance in this specific project, I woudl like to render noise on an adjustment layer above these abstract shapes moving around. In the preview the noise is exactly how I want it but then I render it and the noise basically disappears, or more like the project gets more resolution when I dont want it to.

751cd8630c91c7faacfbba554891744c.png720b1029c6ec3628450e643146d5f36f.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! This was such a simple oversight that honestly didn't even think about. I guess my settings just switched to quarter half and I just assumed it was always on full.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1