Highlighted

After Effects Stop Responding on File Importing.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects Stop Responding on File Importing.  I am on the latest updated version.

Whenever I drag and drop a file into after effects it freezes however if I go right click>import>file and import the same file that way it import the file instantly.

Just drag and drop freezes. How can I correct this issue.

sadfasdfsdaf.PNG

This happens on any type of file, even images, jpg, png, doesnt matter if I drag and drop it after effects freezes.

System

CPU - thread ripper 1950x

Ram - 32gb @ 3333mhz

Drive - 2 nvme samsung 960 pro

OS - windows 10 1804

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Stop Responding on File Importing.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects Stop Responding on File Importing.  I am on the latest updated version.

Whenever I drag and drop a file into after effects it freezes however if I go right click>import>file and import the same file that way it import the file instantly.

Just drag and drop freezes. How can I correct this issue.

sadfasdfsdaf.PNG

This happens on any type of file, even images, jpg, png, doesnt matter if I drag and drop it after effects freezes.

System

CPU - thread ripper 1950x

Ram - 32gb @ 3333mhz

Drive - 2 nvme samsung 960 pro

OS - windows 10 1804

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot, re-launch and try again. If you still have problems make sure your version of AE is up to date. If it is, uninstall and re-install AE using the Creative Cloud app. Your AMD CPU may be a problem. I've seen several posts by folks with AMD processors and After Effects. This is just one of them: AE on Ryzen 1700 not performing/rendering even close to expected ...

Let us know if you have any success.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried everything you suggest but this issue still rises. as far as amd is concerned I have no other issue with after effects at all so idk hope it isnt a amd problem, the issue is not a deal breaker since I can always go the right click>import mode and that works flawlessly just the drag and drop is just so much more convenient for my workflow.

I will be doing a fresh install here in a few days, so hopefully that clears up the issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone have any help? I uploaded the task manage view of what is crashing etc.

filesad.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say even in 2020 this exact issue still exists.

32 core threadripper 128gb ram. Latest version of after effects. Windows 10 will all the latest updates.

Nothing like losing a couple of minutes work every time you forget this bug exists and AE just hangs for no reason. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0