• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects stuck and unresponsive during RAM preview. (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue lately where RAM Preview gets stuck in an endless loop while the UI becomes completely unresponsive. After Effects itself doesn't appear to be in a non-responsive crash as I can switch back and forth from it and other applications — it's almost like all user input gets disabled. 

Setting the preview playback to play-once works and AE is still usable - so this is an interim work around for the problem. It has been happening for the last two minor releases of AE and only on my Windows machine. This has not been an issue on my Mac.

All drivers etc are up to date, and I'm fairly certain that the problem did not start after any update to the system.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

K

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keke,

I was gonna post exactly the same issue. While doing a ram preview gets stuck and I can't stop it, eventully I have to go to the task manager and stop After affects since I can't get out of the loop and it's completely irresponsive. I'm also on a Windows 10 machne,  AE 2020 and last drivers.

Cheers,

Hugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hugo,

Read a few other posts since my post yesterday. Others have pointed to the Nvidia Studio Driver as the cause of the issue, which is what my system has. Is this what you're running with on yours?

Unfortunately I can't switch to the Game-Ready driver to test it out, as it will probably affect other software that I need.

I wonder if anyone out there (using the latest versions of 2020 and the studio driver) does not have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keke,

Yes, I'm using Nvidia studio drivers 2020 and I don't want to test the game ready because I need them for Cinema 4D GPU rendering. Well then, we will have to wait for an update, but very weird bug for a high end compositing software like AE.

Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines