Highlighted

After Effects track matte export issues

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Currently facing some issues regarding exports/luma mattes that I'm hoping for some guidance on. I've attached screenshots below.

I'm working on a scene consisting of dozens of rotobrushed layers, keyed layers, etc. and it's been very taxing onmy system (Windows 10, AMD 1950x, Nvidia RTX 2070, 64 GB RAM) so as a solution, I wanted to export individul layers out to use as luma mattes for the time being (jpeg sequences).

For some reason the eported jpeg sequence doesn't align to the layer it was exported from. The first four frames, everything goes well, then a weird jump frame occurs and it continues drifiting away from alignment. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've gotten the GPU acceleration error multiple times and software only doesn't load my timeline. Just looking for the best route to keep working headache free.

Thank you.

Annotation 2020-05-29 150617.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-29 150642.jpg

  

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects track matte export issues

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Currently facing some issues regarding exports/luma mattes that I'm hoping for some guidance on. I've attached screenshots below.

I'm working on a scene consisting of dozens of rotobrushed layers, keyed layers, etc. and it's been very taxing onmy system (Windows 10, AMD 1950x, Nvidia RTX 2070, 64 GB RAM) so as a solution, I wanted to export individul layers out to use as luma mattes for the time being (jpeg sequences).

For some reason the eported jpeg sequence doesn't align to the layer it was exported from. The first four frames, everything goes well, then a weird jump frame occurs and it continues drifiting away from alignment. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've gotten the GPU acceleration error multiple times and software only doesn't load my timeline. Just looking for the best route to keep working headache free.

Thank you.

Annotation 2020-05-29 150617.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-29 150642.jpg

  

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the layer did not get moved when you were doing the roto? I always lock layers I am going to roto with this simple expression for Position.

[thisComp.width, thisComp.height] / 2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines