Highlighted

After effects tracker & mocha will not apply to video

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am using drone footage and and try attchaing the tracking info through mocha, null objucts, 3d tracker but no matter what I use the text/ objects keep moving as if none of the tracking information stayed and wont stay in the location I want it. Any help is very appreciated. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see any Mocha workflow in your videos. Corner Pin tracking is not the right tool for the job. You are trying to attach images (shape layers) on at least 3 different planes so even if you did use corner pin tracking from Mocha you would need to run at least 3 different tracks corner pin tracks and apply the tracking data to 3 different layers. 

The most efficient workflow for the Full Workflow shot is to run the Camera Tracker, establish an origin and ground plane using the parking lot, add a reference solid to the parking lot using the same points for the origin and ground plane, add another reference solid to the plane of the roof using tracking markers on the roof, then add a third reference solid on the face of the building. Make sure all reference solids track properly. This is often helped by adding the Grid effect to the reference solids. The nest step would be to add a new shape layer for each surface you have assigned a reference solid using the Layer/New/Shape Layer menu, make the layers 3D, shift + parent the shape layer to the reference solids, then use the pen tool to create your stroked lines and shapes. All done, and if you have a good track, there is no reason for it not to work. 

Trying to do this kind of thing using Corner Pin tracking is going to be more difficult, take longer, and almost certainly require you to animate the paths on the shape layers. 

Take a look at this thread from last May. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/moving-camera-moving-3d-object/m-p/11173456?page=1#M113628

Maybe it will help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects tracker & mocha will not apply to video

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am using drone footage and and try attchaing the tracking info through mocha, null objucts, 3d tracker but no matter what I use the text/ objects keep moving as if none of the tracking information stayed and wont stay in the location I want it. Any help is very appreciated. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see any Mocha workflow in your videos. Corner Pin tracking is not the right tool for the job. You are trying to attach images (shape layers) on at least 3 different planes so even if you did use corner pin tracking from Mocha you would need to run at least 3 different tracks corner pin tracks and apply the tracking data to 3 different layers. 

The most efficient workflow for the Full Workflow shot is to run the Camera Tracker, establish an origin and ground plane using the parking lot, add a reference solid to the parking lot using the same points for the origin and ground plane, add another reference solid to the plane of the roof using tracking markers on the roof, then add a third reference solid on the face of the building. Make sure all reference solids track properly. This is often helped by adding the Grid effect to the reference solids. The nest step would be to add a new shape layer for each surface you have assigned a reference solid using the Layer/New/Shape Layer menu, make the layers 3D, shift + parent the shape layer to the reference solids, then use the pen tool to create your stroked lines and shapes. All done, and if you have a good track, there is no reason for it not to work. 

Trying to do this kind of thing using Corner Pin tracking is going to be more difficult, take longer, and almost certainly require you to animate the paths on the shape layers. 

Take a look at this thread from last May. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/moving-camera-moving-3d-object/m-p/11173456?page=1#M113628

Maybe it will help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded links are not working. Please embed the images and share the video on a platform like YouTube, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Vimeo.

Are you experienced with Mocha AE? What is your workflow? How did you verify the track in Mocha AE? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHXn3vtHjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hecvv3lpT1E 

I am just getting started with mocha. watched a heap of tutorial videos though. The actrual tracking is wroking well i think. I think the issue is how it is getting applied. 

My work flow is as follows. 

1: I freeze frame my video so I can add my lines, filles, and strokes, etc 

2: I then duplicated the comp a few times so I can isolate the lines and fills. 

3: Once all components are isolated in their own comps I un freeze and take the clip into mocha where I track, once traking is done I go back to the first frame and and show planar surface and expand it. Save and exit. 

4: Bring in my seperated comps back in with the video clip

5: Create tracking data, choosing the correct layer and ensure the cog is on.

6: Select corner pin, export data to each layer, using the sorce data. 

7: Apply data. 

8: Sit there confused because it didnt work. 

I have also tried without isolating the layers, end with the same result. 

I can screen shot my entire work flow if it would be more clear. 

Thank you for your help sir. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread from last May. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/moving-camera-moving-3d-object/m-p/11173456?page=1#M113...

Maybe it will help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I pretty much got it but cant figure out how to parent one shape layer with the multiple tracked solids. So far its way better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZuUpwx4rM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down the Shift key when you parent one layer to another, the child layer will move to the same position, scale, and orientation as the parent layer. As soon as you have done that, remove the parent and fine-tune the position, rotation, and scale of the new layer.  When I do camera tracking and need to add shape layers I always orient my reference solids properly to the surface, make sure they are right side up, set them as guide layers so they won't render, then parent an empty shape layer to the reference tracked solid. I release the parent then draw the shape on the layer exactly where it needs to be. There's not much to it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0