Highlighted

After Effects: Tracking and Extracting Movements?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if I can use After Effects to track face movements (lower lip, upper lip, jaw) and hand/ arm movements. I want to track this movement information, extract it, and import it into a Matlab program to run movement analyses on it. Is this possible?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects: Tracking and Extracting Movements?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if I can use After Effects to track face movements (lower lip, upper lip, jaw) and hand/ arm movements. I want to track this movement information, extract it, and import it into a Matlab program to run movement analyses on it. Is this possible?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you want to spend the rest of eternity setting up all track points manually and copy & pasting the data, I'm afraid this is not going to be of any use. AE's tracking is severely limited, slow and likely would not live up to the requirements of a (semi-)scientific data collection. There's any number of freely accessible projects from universities and research facilities as well as some commercial apps specializing in this sort of thing, so you better do some research on that end. I'm pretty sure that there may even exist a complete app that some students already have crafted exactly doing what you want.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0