• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Troubleshooting FAQ

Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects .png

Welcome to the After Effects community troubleshooting hub. This page is designed to provide solutions to some of the common issues in the After Effects community. 

Questions

Solutions

Why is After Effects crashing on launch or while working?

Fix common After Effects crashes
How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled" in After Effects? Solutions to "Display Acceleration Disabled"
Why isn't After Effects preview real-time? How preview works in After Effects

What's new in the latest version of After Effects?

What's new in After Effects

What kind of computer should I use for After Effects?

Building the best After Effects computer

How can I make After Effects faster?

Improve After Effects performance

How do I learn keyboard shortcuts in After Effects?

Keyboard shortcuts in After Effects

What kind of files can I import in After Effects?

After Effects supported file formats

How to use the After Effects Render Queue?

Basics of rendering and exporting

How do I work with expressions in After Effects?

Getting started with Expressions

Why can't I render my After Effects composition using Adobe Media Encoder?

Unable to Export After Effects Composition using Adobe Media Encoder

This page will be updated regularly to add/remove topics. Feel free to comment and provide feedback about this page.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez, this is Monso. I'm sorry I haven't answered your previous mails. We're living weird times in Spain and I had to addapt to the new situation. I've been very busy and couldn't find the time to sit down and find the words to tell you about this poblem we had when selecting layers in the After Effects App. I had that problem solved after that chat with you a few weeks ago. (I think it was you who I talked to). After many trials and going over several possible solutions  (deleting the cache files, reinstalling presets or plugins, even reinstalling software, etc... we finally found a simple solution that made it work properly. The solution was to create a NEW USER in the computer (I'm using imac) and reestart the program with that new user. Everything worked just fine after that. I have not had the same problem again. So, I guess it's some kind of incompatibility with other program run by the same user. At least, that's what happened with my mac software. I think I already sent you all the data about my operative system and working devices... I'm afraid I can't help you any further with this. Anyway, I'm thankful to your help because this change on the USER really worked for me. Hope this is of any help. Best regards. Monso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Monso.

I've received your personal message and responded to it as well.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines