Highlighted

After effects using very low memory

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I need your help urgently. My HP ZBook has 32GB memory, which I have allocated 29GB for Adobe After Effects to speed the rendering of my project. Strangely, After Effects and Media Encoder is using a total of less than 10GB to render my project. which is very slow. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks in advanced

Regards

Paa Kwasi

I just discovered the solution, the ShellExperienceHost.exe and the SearchUI.exe are suspended when I open the tasked manager in the Resource Monitor and upon research I have realized, that when such a case happens, it forces the pc  to use very low memory. I will have to update my windows and repair those files for it to be fixed. I hope this will be helpful to someone else. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects using very low memory

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I need your help urgently. My HP ZBook has 32GB memory, which I have allocated 29GB for Adobe After Effects to speed the rendering of my project. Strangely, After Effects and Media Encoder is using a total of less than 10GB to render my project. which is very slow. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks in advanced

Regards

Paa Kwasi

I just discovered the solution, the ShellExperienceHost.exe and the SearchUI.exe are suspended when I open the tasked manager in the Resource Monitor and upon research I have realized, that when such a case happens, it forces the pc  to use very low memory. I will have to update my windows and repair those files for it to be fixed. I hope this will be helpful to someone else. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to fix because nothing is wrong. Like any contemporary app AE will take wahtever memory it needs within the specified limits. Anything beyond that is just Internet nonsense you shouldn't listen to. There is no way to force AE to use resource nor does this in any way speed up rendering. It's all about what specific features, effects and so on a project uses and the technical limitations that arise from this as explained literally in a million "How to optimize performance..." threads here on this forum and elsewhere.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should dial that back a bit. The general rule is to give Adobe apps 3/4 of your RAM and reserve 1/4 for your system.

As Mylenium says, AE will use the RAM it needs to use. RAM is not your speed issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that you should always use even multiples for memory allocated to Adobe and other apps. If you have 32, allocate 8 to other apps (it will help some 3rd party effects and probably motion tracking, camera tracking, and dynamic link to work better) and 24 to Adobe. On a lot of systems that lockup or fail to work using Content Aware Fill, Camera Tracking, Warp Stabilizing or Cineware, simply changing the allocated memory for other apps to 2, 4, or 8 GB will solve the problem. I don't think apps like odd memory allocations. It probably has something to do with how the buss works. This also helps if you use background rendering apps like Render Garden. It loves blocks of 2 GB. It likes blocks of 4 GB better.

I agree with everybody else on speed and allocation. AE processes one frame at a time and you are not likely to have a single frame that uses up 24 GB of ram.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much I will do as you have suggested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0