Highlighted

After Effects v17.1.4 crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on with this version of After Effect?

everytime i use it, i hope it won't crash!

Does anyone know what To do? Is this a common issue? After effects crashes randomly with some strange error message and saves every project as a "crash project"...please, Help!

thanks

TOPICS
Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects v17.1.4 crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on with this version of After Effect?

everytime i use it, i hope it won't crash!

Does anyone know what To do? Is this a common issue? After effects crashes randomly with some strange error message and saves every project as a "crash project"...please, Help!

thanks

TOPICS
Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this version on mac os x 10.15.6 and it's very stable, I get a few crashes with a few specific projects but almost it's very stable, try to update you GPU driver if you use Windows OS, also try to make a fresh installation after uninstalling your AE using adobe cleaning CC https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roystam28,

Sorry for the crash issue with After Effects.

Did you try OussK's suggestion? Did it help? If not, please share a screenshot of the error or complete crash report. Also, your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? It'll help us to troubleshoot the issue properly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i've tried every step that i can. Please take a look at this link. Adobe is aware of the problem. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html

I have the latest MacOS version, i9, 64 Ram, gpu- Radeon 580x pro 8Gb..

what do you say about Adobe known issue link?

i read a lot of messages in this forum that describe the same problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2E6EF866-C31B-4EDF-AAED-C6652090594C.jpeg

I get different message everytime. This is one example 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. It's a complete nightmare. I've already spent weeks talking with adobe support and nothing helps. I think I've already tested everything, but random crashes are back.

Here my spec

MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Catalina 10.15.7

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

32GB 2400 MHz DDRA Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB

I will start to work on ae 2019 and see how it goes, I can't keep working on 2020

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1