• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: error: Can't get color, this text has no stroke."

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to After Effects CC2020, when exporting I usually get an alert that logs a few to many errors stating "error: Can't get color, this text has no stroke."

Version 17.1.1 (Build 34)

See attached screenshot and log

In this case, I built almost everything in the composition from scratch and did not parent any colors to text strokes. However, this error is generated more often than not when exporting any project from my current build of After Effects, never with a noticable defect in the output file. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cameronm20184156,

That's not ideal. Sorry for the trouble.

I am wondering if it's related to font. Are you using any third-party fonts? You can try resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, 

Thank you for the suggestion. I reset the preferences and unfortunately that doesn't seem to have resolved anything.

Further explanation of my font usage: a lot of fonts that I use are third party fonts activated via the UTC (Universal Type Clinet) desktop application - connected to a font server at my office over vpn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, just started tho...so don't think its UTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes. I stopped using Universal Type Client altogether and I still have the problem all the time. Many times I'm just using system fonts and I still get the same "error: Can't get color, this text has no stroke."

Version 17.7.0 (Build 45)

Maybe it will be fixed in AE 2021 ... though I have my doubts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem in version 17.1.2 (Build 37) on MacOS 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now October. Updated Mac to 10.15.6, After Effects to 17.1.4, reste preferences... still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, using fairly mainstream fonts, notably SF Pro Display and Agrandir. Can we debug after effects to not be so crippled by something so trivial as a font? I've noticed that when I get this error, it corresponds to abysmal playback and even workflow performance within AE when these fonts are even on screen, no animation occurring. SF Pro Display at least is a major font used by Apple and many others, AE should be prepared for these scenarios. This is a bug, and AE devs need to fix. And before you ask, yes, my system is extremely well optimized for AE, on par with the benchmark build by puget systems. No I will not be trying to delete my preferences, that does not fix bad code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error in my AE2020, the log is full of this error.
But after converting the mov (with the error) to a mp4 with MediaEncoder I was perfect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines