• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: Failed to initialize mediacore.

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run After Effects...Stuck on Initializing MediaCore…followed by below series of pop up boxes. 

Pop up Box “After Effects warning: Failed to initialize mediacore.”

“After Effects warning: MediaCore is not correctly initialized.”

“After Effects error: cannot unlock an unlocked list (27::4)”

“After Effects error: string memory leak (83::2)”

“After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup”

I have tried what fixes i could find.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, done the Adobe Cleaner..etc.  Anyone else experience this?  I will probably call in again but the last time, the tech guy was supposed call back and he never did.  Just thought i would take a chance someone out there might know the problem.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hi,

Do a search for 'mediacore' on your application drive (on my computer, it's located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore). In that folder, you'll find the mediacore plugins. One of them gives you trouble, so move them all out of the mediacore folder into a temp folder. If AE starts up correctly, quit it again. Drag the plugins back one by one and restart AE on each move. Once AE hangs again on startup, you know which plugin is the evil one. Get an updated version for that p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do a search for 'mediacore' on your application drive (on my computer, it's located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore). In that folder, you'll find the mediacore plugins. One of them gives you trouble, so move them all out of the mediacore folder into a temp folder. If AE starts up correctly, quit it again. Drag the plugins back one by one and restart AE on each move. Once AE hangs again on startup, you know which plugin is the evil one. Get an updated version for that plugin, or just delete it if you don't need it. Last time I had it, it was an outdated RED-decoder plugin.

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is only one single file named "dummy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

coming back incase anyone is experiencing this issue still:

i tried EVERYTHING. everything suggested in these posts. nothing worked. 

this issue began occurring to me when i got a new GPU. Maybe the switch from NVIDIA to AMD caused it?? who knows. 

my working solution was to reinstall windows. and format my C drive. worked like a charm. 

good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG TOOKS ME 2 MONTHS AND NOW I FOUND YOUR REPLYYYYYYYYY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello guys,how do this thing mediacore i want to make some money through it this corona pandemic period

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines