• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: The directory C:\Users\...could not be created. Please check the parent directory protection or permission rights."

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects warning: The directory C:\Users\...could not be created.  Please check the parent directory protection or permission rights."  Other programs have loaded and work properly.  Any ideas or fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL permissions... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this was not the answer.  I can't seem to get the program to form the proper pathway.  After the above error message the next screen I get is "After Effects can't continue:  The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded.  You many need to reinstall."  I have done this several times with no luck.  I really wish error messages would come with a "How to fix error" link!  lol  Most of us have no idea what these messages mean!!

I need this program to fix "spillover" from a green screen.  Do you know of another way to do this?  If so I just won't use this program....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same "The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded." message comes up after updating to CC2015 13.72. Using a mac here. Was there any fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects warning: The directory '/Users/delip/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/15.1/OriginalUserWorkspaces' could not be created. Please check the parent directory protection or permission rights.

PLEASE tell me what i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate in FINDER to the folder it is trying to create. delete folder "16.1". Create a new folder called, "16.1". Open that folder and create a folder inside it called, "OriginalUserWorkspaces". Try and reopen AfterEffects, and it should now have all the permissions it needs to complete the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrickg10330935's solution doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try providing Full permission to Adobe folder. Make sure that the current logged in user account is listed and has read and write acces.

Also after changing the permission , make sure to select the option " Apply to enclosed items"

Image result for mac permissions apply to enclosed items

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe.

Note:

Let me know , if you are using Windows machine .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same probelm i am just trying to export my work. Im using a pc operating in windows 10, using after effects 2019 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I'm having the same problem.

Whenever I try to open the app it says "after effects warning: the directory 'E:' could not be created. please check the parent directory protection or permission rights.

The most absurd thing is that I don't get why or where After Effects would even try to create a folder called as my HDD (I have it installed on my SSD) 

Tried to run as an administrator several time and gave permission to a bunch of folders but it still won't work.

4768da0a-45c6-4079-a5db-d9e7ec8e9c08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any solution for this issue guys? I have the same issue but not found proper solution in this chat.

Miroslav5FD3_0-1689264944961.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines