Highlighted

After Effects warning: Unknown Exception

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed AE 2020 on a new iMac with OS Catalina v. 10.15.6 and everything has been working fine, however in one project when i view 3 specific frames the whole program siezes up and crashes and I get the "After Effects warning: Unknown Exception". I can't view it let alone render it, but every other project is fine, how do I solve this?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects warning: Unknown Exception

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed AE 2020 on a new iMac with OS Catalina v. 10.15.6 and everything has been working fine, however in one project when i view 3 specific frames the whole program siezes up and crashes and I get the "After Effects warning: Unknown Exception". I can't view it let alone render it, but every other project is fine, how do I solve this?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be caused by a corrupt footage file.  Can you provide more infor about your project - resolution, complexity, source footage formats?  

If you are using video files as source material, try creating a new comp from one of the prolem items and see if you can preview the same time location with the raw footage?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericf76721915,

Thanks for reaching out.

I agree with Andrew, it sounds like a media file specific issue. If Andrew's suggestion doesn't help, try transcoding the media files and then import.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0