AFTER EFFECTS WARNING: YUR PROJECT FILE IS APPARENTLY DAMAGED (SKIPPED SECTIONS: 8)

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an after effects file I have been working on for a client. I just had the client on to run through final amends on a 5 minute film and I am getting the error message: 
AFTER EFFECTS WARNING: YUR PROJECT FILE IS APPARANTLY DAMAGED (SKIPPED SECTIONS: 8) PLEASE SAVE USING A DIFFERENT NAME. ( 26 :: 0 )

I have looked all over google for a solution but can't find one. I have no backups to fall back on as I had been working on it from home. I tested the file yesterday at work and it worked fine so I then deleted the back up from my hard drive which obviously I now regret.

If anyone had any ideas of how I can recover a weeks worth of work I will be forever grateful.

Many thanks,

Paul.

PS if more information is required please ask.

[Moderator: Moved to the After Effects forum]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about autosave files? I always have a copy that is no older than 15 minutes because that is how I set up my preferences.

If not an autosave the only option I can think of is to try and import the damaged AEP into a new AE project instead of opening it. You might be able to recover some of the work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks Rick,

I haven't got any of the backup files unfortunately. I tried importing into another file but it doesn't work. 

I fear I am going havce to do all the work again but the deadline is tomorrow and it has taken me a week to create so I think I am in trouble 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I am getting this same error from After Effects:

"After Effects warning: your project file is apparently damaged (skipped sections: 4). Please save using a different name. ( 26 :: 0 )"

I checked previous After Effects project files that I know have always worked for me, and even those have the error. It seems any past project I open is giving me this error. I recently auto-updated all my CC apps to the newest available. After that the error started. I tried reverting to the previous version of After Effects (17.0.6, Build 35), but that isn't helping. The projects still aren't able to open.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I am getting this same error from After Effects:

"After Effects warning: your project file is apparently damaged (skipped sections: 4). Please save using a different name. ( 26 :: 0 )"

I checked previous After Effects project files that I know have always worked for me, and even those have the error. It seems any past project I open is giving me this error. I recently auto-updated all my CC apps to the newest available. After that the error started. I tried reverting to the previous version of After Effects (17.0.6, Build 35), but that isn't helping. The projects still aren't able to open. I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
paulb85038089 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo,

So I couldn't find anything online that helped me. I tried everything you have, re-installed CC, dumped the prefs and lots of other things including buying £100 data recorvery software to find an old version of the file (which didn't work either).

In the end the simple re-start of my mac worked. I know, I couldn't beleibve it either after losing most of the day to this issue however it did work for me. I would give that a try but other than that I honestly don't know why it does it. 

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck.

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines