• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects web server license

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am planning to build an independent software that will edit .psd files.

Then Adobe After Effects trough aerender will generate videos for my clients starting from the .psd files and leaving the After Effects configuration as it is.

Then I send the generated videos automatically to my clients.

How many After Effects licenses should I have? one or more?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

After Effects - and all of Creative Cloud - cannot ever be deployed through a webserver. Offering the software "as a service" is strictly forbidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects - and all of Creative Cloud - cannot ever be deployed through a webserver. Offering the software "as a service" is strictly forbidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer!

And what about if I don't install After Effects on the server and I just give the same After Effect file to an After Effects farm?

https://rentrender.com/after-effects-render-farms/

Is that then legal? I jsut create the After Effects files by hand on my computer and make the autoamtic tasks trough After Effects server farms. Is that legal then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave. I realise this is somewhat of an old post, but do you have any official references for this answer, e.g. in licence documentation etc? I have found such answers in the past but nothing official from Adobe pointing to the reasons or explicitly forbidding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines