• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS WISHLIST

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What features would you like to see implemented in After Effects? New ideas for plugins? Interface changes? Post 'em here!

Let's keep bug identification to individual posts, as these will probably be addressed more readily. Let's use this thread for specific ideas about ways that AE can be improved and expanded.

These Forums are for users, not Adobe employees, so don't forget to also fill in an Adobe feature request form.

To view the Wish List posts prior to September 2009, look here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 456 Replies 456
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some actual video card support? I mean come on! Only 10 or so cards supported in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about finally giving us copy paste in the right click context menu. AE must be the only Adobe program without this basic functionality. I'm pretty sure copy paste is a more common task than 99% of the stuff available in the context menu at the moment. This has been asked several times and it can't take many lines of code to implement. I don't feel like we are asking for much here but it would definitely save some frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste via right click

One window expression editor like max actionscript.

Nodal Effects in the Flowchart.... not a full node editor like nuke.  So you can create one effect and link it to many objects.... change any and all change... you can still order the effects in the control window and apply single effects per object.  And make any effect unique and it's not linked to the rest any more.

ordering could be changed in the flowchart too.

Flowchart - Turn effects on/off

- Turn layers on/off

in fact make the flowchart much more useful in general

Folders in the timeline.

Better roto tools like nuke - Grab points turn to movable boxes etc.

Full EXR channel support

Faster 16/32 bit channel mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

onelife wrote:

Full EXR channel support

How is After Effects' EXR channel support not "full"?

Do you mean you want channels to flow through the comp a la Nuke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found neat and helpful about using open exrs in Nuke is that they have some kind of a spreadsheat where you could see all the channels listed (with a small thumbnail) of what is contained in it. I'm not exactly sure what the node is called because I haven't used Nuke in a long time and most of the time just watched other artist push the buttons

If I remember it right you can also just browse through the individual openexr channels in the viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the free "Comp Creator" functionality found in the "ProEXR AE" plug-in (you have to download it), it will make a comp for you that has all the different channels in an EXR split out into layers.

It's not quite as convenient for previewing as Nuke's LayerContactSheet, but it's more useful for building a comp. Maybe someone could write a script to arrange the layers into a grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm I'll will give it a try. Maybe that's a good option.

Stu Maschwitz has a function in his free rebel tool to make a thumbnail comp out of layer markers http://prolost.com/blog/2011/3/30/rebels-guide-on-your-ipad-or-kindle-dv-rebel-tools-for-free.html It's actually designed for grading but maybe it could helb make something similar to the Nukes ContactSheet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fnordware wrote:

If you use the free "Comp Creator" functionality found in the "ProEXR AE" plug-in (you have to download it),

As the ProEXR Ae Plug in costs 95$ is the "Comp Creator" really free? It says that: Included with the download of ProEXR is a collection of 4 free, open source plug-ins providing complete access to OpenEXR files in After Effects.

But aren't those free ones already included with afx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFuerst wrote:

As the ProEXR Ae Plug in costs 95$ is the "Comp Creator" really free? It says that: Included with the download of ProEXR is a collection of 4 free, open source plug-ins providing complete access to OpenEXR files in After Effects.

But aren't those free ones already included with afx?

Yep, the Comp Creator is free. See the bottom of this blog post.

The Comp Creator is in the ProEXR AE plug-in, which is not included with After Effects. ProEXR AE will still load after the trial period has expired, it just won't write layered EXR files anymore. The Comp Creator feature will continue to work normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linear Workflow in AE and Pr. It`s time to keep up with the times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jahesscreen wrote:

Linear Workflow in AE and Pr. It`s time to keep up with the times!

AE already supports a linear workflow if you set your project working space that way.

Premiere does support linear pixel buffers, but I think it always comps in video space.  Not sure I'd ever recommend doing the bulk of your comp work in Premiere, but a linear floating point space can make even basic A over B look better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be awesome to have something similar to Nuke's backdrop node - so groups of keyframes within a layer could be labelled and whatnot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone mentioned a built-in 3D utility?  I don't mean this ray-traced 3D or Video Copilot's Element 3D plugin; I mean something like Autodesk Maya or 3D Studio Max with bones and everything, built right into After Effects so we don't have to keep jumping around to different programs.

Barring full-fledged integration in AE, how about then Adobe makes its own separate 3D program like the aforementioned Autodesk, that uses the Adobe Dynamic Link to talk to .aep files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about then Adobe makes its own separate 3D program like the aforementioned Autodesk, that uses the Adobe Dynamic Link to

I don't think Adobe will develope it's own 3d program. But maybe they buy Cinema 4d as it has a tight integration with AFX (much like the foundry who just joined with luxology). There is also a 3ds max feature which acts like a kind of Dynamic Link http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE OPTION TO IMPORT .FBX FILES !!!! .obj is nice... but .fbx gives much much much more options !!!

Alot of people want/ need support for 3d models. ( .fbx will do much more then just that).

ok there are plug-ins that provide obj support. (nice btw but feels more like a workaround). Using it to animate stuff... yeah... some things... moving and scaling the object... using it as a giant 3d particle thingie. maby even break up the model into different files just so i can animate something like a wheel on my car or a rotorblade on my.... plane..?

One of the... SUPER HANDY (so to speak) things to do when compositing or doing motion graphics and using 3d stuff in combo with ae is matching the camera's (ae camera and 3d program camera). FBX HELPS WITH THAT since you can just import the camera with .fbx

Supports animation data on individual verticies.. so not just the whole model needs to move.. it can still deform! .fbx even suports bones/ rig data. on models and stuff.. instead of just importing camera and locator/ null layer data. (big limitation compared to having a model that doesn't need to be rendered first to use for instance as a mask layer).

and beacuase it all comes in one file... you don't even have to re position/ align a thing !!!

SO.... PLEASE .FBX SUPOORT FOR AFTER EFFECTS !!!

looking forward to it

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe start to think in long terms! ... since 3 years i preach in different forums that adobe, especially after effects, needs a real 3D enviroment! ... don't waste your time with that old 2.5D thing or the new raytrace-gimmick! ... we need somthing new! ...an "real 3D" engine with simple modeling/texture/projection and lightnig tools + an strong fbx,obj importer... an engine were the company can build on for the next 10 years...the future is an fusion of 2D and 3D in one  package!  i promise: if adobe don't invest in an strong partner with good 3D knowlage like cd4 and co. they will loose a lot of there marked influence in the next 5 years... and not only in the composting part!... 3D will play also in other products like photoshop and co. an importend roll ---> so go for it!  

reagds pat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. I'm using more and more other tools than AE because of the 3D-demand in the current motion graphics industry. It happens almost always that when a company gets huge like Adobe, product development slows down and they start avoiding risks. As a long time fan, I really hope Adobe doesn't go down that path. But the competition is really catching up at the moment. Just look at what is happening with Blender. It can already do almost everything AE can (plus a lot more) and it's totally free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure some of these have been covered, but here's my list... hope someone sees it, most are simple workflow ideas... I'm still on CS5, so if some of these exist, forgive me:

- When replacing or importing a layer from a PSD as footage, I would love the option to be able to sort PSD layers by name instead of only layer order.  When replacing large numbers of layers this would save lots of time.

- Would love to be able to assign a second anchor / pivot point to a layer.

- Would love to be able to group layers in folders for organization.  Pre-comps sort of work this way, but sometimes I want more organizational options in the same timeline.

- Should be able to lock individual properties of a layer(position, scale, etc...).  There are lots of times I don't want the layer's position to move, but I'd like to be able to adjust other properties.

- Similarly, I want to be able to lock in and out handles for comps (Work Area Start and Work Area End).

- Editorial timeline options; It would be amazing to have a different kind of pre-comp that you could assign as an editorial pre-comp with basic Premiere functionality integrated into AFX.  The contents of this pre-comp could play as simple footage layers in other comps.

- If there was a way to be able to select all of your mask keyframes and move them all together across multiple keyframes the way you can position, scale, etc, that would be most helpful.

- I want a composition crop tool (same as the Photoshop crop tool).

- I'd love to have bold, italic, and underline options when naming layers so I can use different text styles to easily differentiate different types of layers.

- I wish there was a more deliberate way to create shape layers so I don't make them on accident all the time when I try to draw a mask but don't have a layer selected.

- I wish Interpret Footage would let me switch between Layer Size and Composition Size even after importing.

- I could really use the ability to search for effects within a given composition.  If I'm missing a plug-in or one is causing errors, I need to be able to easily locate (or disable) all instances where that plug-in is used.  I've since found a script for this, but it would be a good standard feature.

- I wish you could set up a render in the queue - then duplicate that queue item and replace which comp it is pulling from, rather than having to go to every comp and queue them up individually.

- "U" key command should not reveal expression text.  A separate command should be available for expressions.  If I have a bunch of expressions, it negates any easy way for me to expand key frames only.

- Ability to lock in and out points of a composition so you don't accidentally move them.

- I want After Effects to know how to import layers in beyond the layer-level in Illustrator.  Any sub-layers (Groups, etc…, things contained inside of AI Layers) should import in as layers in a pre-comp.

- If I reuse a Null Object (IE Drag in from my solids folder rather than creating a new one) it should not come in as a white square that is visible in my render.  It is a still supposed to be a NULL right?

- I would love to have a History States Window like Photoshop has, and to be able to cache a higher number of history states / undos (more than 99).

- It would be awesome to be able to assign label colors to groups of key frames… to color code sections of layers across the timeline rather than just layers.

- I want to be able to highlight a group of layers or items in the Bin and press Ctrl+G to group them into a new folder (like Photoshop).  Similarly clicking 'New Folder' in the bin should put any currently highlighted items into that folder.

- When queuing a single frame into the render queue (Ctrl + Alt + S), it defaults default to Current Settings and not Best Settings.  I do not know of a way to change that, but I would love to be able to reverse that.

- In multiple view set ups I want to be able to adjust the size of each view so I can customize primary and secondary views.  This may be possible and I'm unaware, but if it doesn't exist it would be a great addition.

- I would like unlimited and fully customizable label colors that translate / load correctly across multiple computers.  I have a co-worker who re-ordered his and every time we open each other's projects the labels are jacked up.  It would be great if the layers worked from RGB values or Hex codes and not from a limited list.

- I want to be able to animate / keyframe (on or off) motion blur for a given layer. - to avoid having to split layers when a layer should have motion blur at one point but not at another.

- I want the save-as dialogue box to default to where I last saved THE FILE IN QUESTION, not some other random file that I just had open.  I routinely have to navigate between job folders when working on multiple jobs at the same time just because I saved one when I was working on it.  Same thing for import, even if .aep is what was last imported.  This might be a network issue, but if not, it would be a great fix.

- It would be great if the anchor point could be made to be visually larger like Mask Verticies are now so it can be found and grabbed easily

- J and K hot keys should also jump to Comp Markers and not just Layer Markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great list, wanted to make some notes.

I'm sure some of these have been covered, but here's my list... hope someone sees it, most are simple workflow ideas... I'm still on CS5, so if some of these exist, forgive me:

- When replacing or importing a layer from a PSD as footage, I would love the option to be able to sort PSD layers by name instead of only layer order.  When replacing large numbers of layers this would save lots of time.

Interesting. I had the need for this a long time ago, but then changed how I arranged my Photoshop files because the functionality you described never appeared. 

Not sure the purpose of this. if you're looking for dual rotation controls, then that can be achieved my parenting to an off-set null object.

- Would love to be able to group layers in folders for organization.  Pre-comps sort of work this way, but sometimes I want more organizational options in the same timeline.

This is the cause of a lot of discussion on the forum. There's a lot of people on the people for this and the people against it. There's a lot to consider when placing layers in folders; is the folder object changeable, does it change the render order? how does parenting and expressions work the same way when linked to layers outside the group? does the layer order change? etc. etc. The Dev team posted this to the community a while back and if they're going to implement something, then they're probably working on it now. it's just that there's a lot to take into account.

- Should be able to lock individual properties of a layer(position, scale, etc...).  There are lots of times I don't want the layer's position to move, but I'd like to be able to adjust other properties.

yes, yes, yes. There are expressions that can do this now, but a little lock pad next to layer parameters would be great.

- Similarly, I want to be able to lock in and out handles for comps (Work Area Start and Work Area End).

again, would be nice to have.

- Editorial timeline options; It would be amazing to have a different kind of pre-comp that you could assign as an editorial pre-comp with basic Premiere functionality integrated into AFX.  The contents of this pre-comp could play as simple footage layers in other comps.

Not sure what you mean here. do you mean real time playback of certain comps?

- If there was a way to be able to select all of your mask keyframes and move them all together across multiple keyframes the way you can position, scale, etc, that would be most helpful.

I've been asking for that for several versions.

You can crop to Region of Interest.

- I'd love to have bold, italic, and underline options when naming layers so I can use different text styles to easily differentiate different types of layers.

Might be better if you could change the UI behind a layer's name rather than messing with the typeface that the UI uses.

- I wish there was a more deliberate way to create shape layers so I don't make them on accident all the time when I try to draw a mask but don't have a layer selected.

Just like the Photoshop layer import issues, I just altered my work style. I got use to looking at the little icon in the top tool bar to see if it was on Shape Layer (Star) or Mask (Curve).  Shape layers are a strange beast. They're so versatile, but can seem a bit overcomplicated at times… until you realize that they're basically single-layer comps. Shape layers are great… when you get them to work for you.

- I wish Interpret Footage would let me switch between Layer Size and Composition Size even after importing.

Not sure if this can be done. would be nice though.

- I could really use the ability to search for effects within a given composition.  If I'm missing a plug-in or one is causing errors, I need to be able to easily locate (or disable) all instances where that plug-in is used.  I've since found a script for this, but it would be a good standard feature.

you can do it per comp with the search feature, but project wide is a little different. I'd love to see a missing filter and missing Typeface search. the program is obviously doing it at the launch of the project because it gives a warning dialogue box if fonts or filters aren't found. Maybe the solution is a new UI panel for Search and Replace / Deactivate. I can't tell you how many times I get a missing typeface error when I know that I have it but its name is just slightly different. This causes me to go in my hand and search and replace all the layers.

- I wish you could set up a render in the queue - then duplicate that queue item and replace which comp it is pulling from, rather than having to go to every comp and queue them up individually.

Not sure the purpose of this.

- "U" key command should not reveal expression text.  A separate command should be available for expressions.  If I have a bunch of expressions, it negates any easy way for me to expand key frames only.

Very good suggestion. perhaps a check box in the preferences to turn this on and off. For a key command, Alt+U would be great since it isn't being used for anything.

- Ability to lock in and out points of a composition so you don't accidentally move them.

Already mentioned

- I want After Effects to know how to import layers in beyond the layer-level in Illustrator.  Any sub-layers (Groups, etc…, things contained inside of AI Layers) should import in as layers in a pre-comp.

I'd love to see this functionality. This has had me baffled for a long time on why it's not there. Illustrator has had some really weird things going on with it over the years. I still remember the maddening frustration that arose from Illustrator's inability to sample a color from a raster based image. it took years to get his functionality. at least we have the ability to copy/paste mask shapes!

- If I reuse a Null Object (IE Drag in from my solids folder rather than creating a new one) it should not come in as a white square that is visible in my render.  It is a still supposed to be a NULL right?

that's very good point. a null object is just a 100 x 100 pixel solid and when it's created in the comp, it's transparent because its Opacity parameter is set to 0. Its anchor point and position are off-set as well to make the upper left corner the layer's origin point (0,0 on the layer). the main point is that these parameters should be the default for when a Null is not only created, but also when it's dragged in to a comp from the project window. That's a really good suggestion.

- I would love to have a History States Window like Photoshop has, and to be able to cache a higher number of history states / undos (more than 99).

Don't rely on history, use Auto Save set to 5-10 minutes & 20 versions, and constantly save a new version of your project. These are saved as files while undos are saved as cache that get wiped out if you close or in the case of a crash. I end up with several Gbs of AE projects at the end of a job. then just trim them down for archive. if you have to go back more than 99 steps, then you aren't saving a new version enough.

- It would be awesome to be able to assign label colors to groups of key frames… to color code sections of layers across the timeline rather than just layers.

Could tie into the locking of the parameters.

- I want to be able to highlight a group of layers or items in the Bin and press Ctrl+G to group them into a new folder (like Photoshop).  Similarly clicking 'New Folder' in the bin should put any currently highlighted items into that folder.

If you're talking about in the project window, then you can just drag the items over the folder icon a the bottom of tha twindow and it'll create a new folder and place those object in it.

- When queuing a single frame into the render queue (Ctrl + Alt + S), it defaults default to Current Settings and not Best Settings.  I do not know of a way to change that, but I would love to be able to reverse that.

Edit -> Templates -> Render Settings…  then set the desired setting for stills.

- In multiple view set ups I want to be able to adjust the size of each view so I can customize primary and secondary views.  This may be possible and I'm unaware, but if it doesn't exist it would be a great addition.

- I would like unlimited and fully customizable label colors that translate / load correctly across multiple computers.  I have a co-worker who re-ordered his and every time we open each other's projects the labels are jacked up.  It would be great if the layers worked from RGB values or Hex codes and not from a limited list.

currently this is a preference set on each workstation. Personally, I doubt that this functionality will be implemented, It would be nice, but I still doubt it.

- I want to be able to animate / keyframe (on or off) motion blur for a given layer. - to avoid having to split layers when a layer should have motion blur at one point but not at another.

Interesting idea.

- I want the save-as dialogue box to default to where I last saved THE FILE IN QUESTION, not some other random file that I just had open.  I routinely have to navigate between job folders when working on multiple jobs at the same time just because I saved one when I was working on it.  Same thing for import, even if .aep is what was last imported.  This might be a network issue, but if not, it would be a great fix.

Think this may be an OS thing. I get what you're saying, I just don't have an issue with the current way it operates.

- It would be great if the anchor point could be made to be visually larger like Mask Verticies are now so it can be found and grabbed easily

I don't have this issue. The anchor point seems fine to me.

- J and K hot keys should also jump to Comp Markers and not just Layer Marker

Maybe Shift+J & Shift+K. They're not assigned to anything as of right now. the default 0-9 markers can be easily selected by hitting 0-9 on the top of the keyboard (Not the numeric keypad). custom ones, I see a need for an easy way to navigate them. personally, I'd like to have away for J & K to navigate to the keframes and layer markers of just Selected layers, not everything visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the notes.  Replying to a few of your responses:

Not sure the purpose of this. if you're looking for dual rotation controls, then that can be achieved my parenting to an off-set null object.

That's basically the gist of it... I do a lot of animation where things bounce and rotate from various parts, and I was thinking this might be an good way to not need extra Nulls just to animate one object.  There's a workaround, I just think being able to rotate a single layer from more than one place could be an interesting addition.

This is the cause of a lot of discussion on the forum. There's a lot of people on the people for this and the people against it. There's a lot to consider when placing layers in folders; is the folder object changeable, does it change the render order? how does parenting and expressions work the same way when linked to layers outside the group? does the layer order change? etc. etc. The Dev team posted this to the community a while back and if they're going to implement something, then they're probably working on it now. it's just that there's a lot to take into account.

For me Pre-Comps would still work just like they do, but you could basically expand and see the contents of a Pre-Comp directly in the main composition rather than  having to jump between various tabs.  I'll happily leave figuring out how that actually works in practice to the development experts. 

Not sure what you mean here. do you mean real time playback of certain comps?

I often find myself chopping up a piece of footage right in After Effects, and I sometimes wish I could just do all of it on one layer in a more editorial style without leaving After Effects to do so or ending up with a big stack of cascading layers.  Comparatively it's not a big deal I suppose.

You can crop to Region of Interest.

With Region of Interest, I'm not sure how you would use it to actually change the dimensions of the Composition.  Is there a button somewhere for that, or is it only a viewing option?

Just like the Photoshop layer import issues, I just altered my work style. I got use to looking at the little icon in the top tool bar to see if it was on Shape Layer (Star) or Mask (Curve).  Shape layers are a strange beast. They're so versatile, but can seem a bit overcomplicated at times… until you realize that they're basically single-layer comps. Shape layers are great… when you get them to work for you.

Yeah, this one is just a nuisance item for me.  I tend to double check that I'm selected on a layer before I start to draw the mask, but everynow and then I forget... it drives all the guys in the office nuts.  We call it 'getting shape-layerd.'

Not sure the purpose of this.

I just thought it would be a quick way of queueing up multiple comps.  It's another one that isn't a big deal. 

Don't rely on history, use Auto Save set to 5-10 minutes & 20 versions, and constantly save a new version of your project. These are saved as files while undos are saved as cache that get wiped out if you close or in the case of a crash. I end up with several Gbs of AE projects at the end of a job. then just trim them down for archive. if you have to go back more than 99 steps, then you aren't saving a new version enough.

I save new versions pretty frequently, but I tend to do increment when I make big changes to a project or want a specific point I can get back to easily, rather than as a way of being able to Undo.  99+ undo layers would be nice, because if you're nudging layers around with the arrow keys, you can eat through 99 undo states very quickly.

If you're talking about in the project window, then you can just drag the items over the folder icon a the bottom of tha twindow and it'll create a new folder and place those object in it.

Didn't know that one, thanks for the tip.  That basically solves my issue, although I think grouping would still be a simple easy thing to add some keyboard functionality without having to drag stuff around.

Edit -> Templates -> Render Settings…  then set the desired setting for stills.

Perfect, thanks.  I've got a lot of templates made, but for some dumb reason never looked at that. 

I don't have this issue. The anchor point seems fine to me.

Another one that's not a major issue, just a luxury I think would be nice to have.  Sometimes, especially (particularly when it's a 3D layer) grabbing the anchor point to reposition it is a little finicky.

Great stuff though, thanks for taking the time to respond to all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... five years after my first whish/advice in this direction you realy did it! ... you made a fusion with C4D in CC7! thats realy good and will save your life for the next few years ...  the only problem is you did it not in the way i thouth you would do it ...instate of an real 3D integration in Ae you made a 3D bridge/like-plugin...that is not an bad idea! but what is with the ohter 90% of 3D Artist out there? ...

so here is my next whish/advice: please make a simular link/bridge-plugin for max/maya aso. and the whole rest, 90% of the 3D artist, will be happy as well! ... and dont wait again five years befor you do that! 

reagds pat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Layer styles in the effects panel

2) Node view for compositing

3) 3d compositing including materials and textures

4) More rendering options

5) All layer styles from PS

6) Better cutting tools

Thanks for asking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Collapsable folders for the layers.

2. Flowchart: Make nodal. 

•      Comp node have input layers points for the layer and allow layers to be swaped by dragging and changing the

node entry points

•     MOST IMPORTANT - Single Effect nodes that can be linked to ANY layer!  change one and it effects all the layers linked

3. Proper EXR integration - Faster!

4. No modal pop up windows anywhere - i.e Composition settings.  Keyframe interploation. Other things only hidden in right click menus...  All these shoudl be in dockable pannels - look at Cinema 4d's interface.

5. Better keyboard shortcuts customisation.  The script only goes so far.

6. better audio scrubbing on the timeline.. analog emulation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about some basic interface upgrades for those who bought recently. ?? Like Media Link. cs6 was the new face lift and within a year it seems that a late 'goodie' is now a cloud or v12 option. Something that interfaces the adobe suite should not have to pay for an upgrade, rather an update. It is not like it is an effect or goodie. IT is an interface to talk to the other products IE: PP to AE without closing or importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see an ipad app that syncs over wifi to control motion sketch and timing, inverse kinematic elements etc. Using the touch apps within photoshop like NAV is brill and. I am sure the bowfins at adobe could create something that speeds up and makes the animation process more fluid and less time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines