Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects won't import files - errors

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After a recent update I noticed my project files were having trouble reconnecting media. I installed the version of After Effects before the update, same problem. Now when I try to reconnect media I get this error message:

After Effects error: the file format module could not parse the file (45::35)

and when I try to import .mov, mp4 or mp3s, I get this error:

After Effects warning: Unable to import file…. as project (bad format or not readable)

I uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects, no difference. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Creative Suite Desktop app, no difference. I again uninstalled and reinstalled AE, no difference.

I am on a mac running Sierra 10.12.6.

Ideas?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would you check the permission of the file and the folder you would like to reconnect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem with me, I've all permission I tried importing from different folder but nothing work, importing files in 2019 version is work fine but problem with 2020.

I'm still facing the same issue please try to solve it as soon as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines