• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects won't launch while cineware is running

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem consistently since upgrading to 17.5. After effects will get stuck while trying to launch, the window is just blank and will not load until I go into the Task Manager and manually stop the Cineware process. Most times that process is also hogging up the CPU resources.

Please fix. Thank you

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause may be a permission of application or folders. Would you choose AfterFX.exe and right-click and Run as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to do this any time I want to launch AE? How is this convenient? I just have it pinned to my start bar and never had a problem until the latest update. Also, what do permissions have to do with several instances of Cineware running in my Task Manager with one using 15-20% of my CPU although no programs are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is still persisting, I have to manually launch the Task Manager and kill cineware for AE to fully load...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines