Highlighted

After Effects won't load after update today

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had an issue, but after updating AE today, it hangs during loading process with splash screen.  Hangs while 'Initializing MediaCore'.  Must end task using Task Manager.  Crash report says: 

Process: AfterFX.exe [15796]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 17.0.6.35
File Version: 17.0.6.35
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: Adobe Desktop Service.exe [13700]

Date/Time: 2020-04-16 20:17:25 Pacific Daylight Time
OS Version: 10.0.18362.778
Report ID: 98737c79-7088-4ddc-b877-b350a3be67bf

Time Awake Since Boot: 1059 seconds

Crashed thread: 25 [15424] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation writing location 0x000000002906ff04
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Application Specific Information:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

I appreciate your help on this.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects won't load after update today

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had an issue, but after updating AE today, it hangs during loading process with splash screen.  Hangs while 'Initializing MediaCore'.  Must end task using Task Manager.  Crash report says: 

Process: AfterFX.exe [15796]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 17.0.6.35
File Version: 17.0.6.35
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: Adobe Desktop Service.exe [13700]

Date/Time: 2020-04-16 20:17:25 Pacific Daylight Time
OS Version: 10.0.18362.778
Report ID: 98737c79-7088-4ddc-b877-b350a3be67bf

Time Awake Since Boot: 1059 seconds

Crashed thread: 25 [15424] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation writing location 0x000000002906ff04
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Application Specific Information:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

I appreciate your help on this.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I uninstalled AE, re-installed, same problem, it hangs while loading, can't get past the opening splash screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

Please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly. Here're a few suggestions that you can try: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes/td-p/106841...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a bunch of 3rd party plug-ins and scripts installed the media core has to initialize every one of them by checking and applying the appropriate license. I have Continuum, Saphire, Red Giant (the whole suite), and a dozen or so other plug-ins installed on my system along with a few dozen 3rd party scripts that have to be licensed. With I updated it took Media Core about 35 minutes to finish. Until they come up with another way to license your 3rd party tools you're just going to have to wait. The same thing happens with Premiere Pro, Audition, and Media Encoder.  Even Final Cut and Davinci take time to initialize 3rd party tools the first time a new version launches. 

A force quit may initiate a crash report when there really was no crash. I get one just about every time that I force any app to quit, even Mail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Steens LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.  I returned from out of town to find that AE and MediaEncoder loaded completely normally, with no further changes by me.  Complete mystery, but glad I'm able to use it again.  FYI, I don't have a lot of plugins, so perhaps something else was the culprit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0