Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS won't open Certain project or auto saves

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Someone Please help me!

My 2017 MacBook Pro was exporting a video in premiere, I shut the lid accidentally and the hard drive unplugged. when I opened it both after effects and premiere were frozen So I force quit and now premier opens fine but all the dynamic link clips say " media pending" and the Ae project wont open, it gets to 1% and crashes immediately. the autosaves don't open either, I Get a big crash form with it too.

I have SO much client work to get though so any help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new AE project and importing the existing one into it. If that doesn't work, hopefully you have some auto-saves that do work.
If you're able to get it working, you should be able to save over your previous file (with the same name), and the dynamic links should still work.

Edited to add: Are you able to open other AE projects? If no, try resetting your preferences.
Reset After Effects Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply man!

I've tried importing the project into another project, the program does the same crash when it Imports the project. I've Gone though all the Autosaves and for some reason I'm getting the same crash result with all of them ahh!

I can open all other AE projects just not this one!

Any other ideas? I was reading that sometimes when you leave it it random works so I'm hoping this is the case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be happy to attempt opening it if you like. I can see how the one version of your project that was open at the time might have been corrupted, but I can't see how it would possibly mess up all your previous autosaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be great if you could get it to open!

Yeah it is so odd, I have no idea whats going on.

How can I send you the file?

Thanks Man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send me a private message and try a Dropbox link or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just sent you a message, this is my first time using this forum so Im not even sure where to check if you have replied. But let me know here if you can get it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kyle, I'm experiencing the exact same issue, twice on the project I'm working on. The project won't open, and all the autosaves with that name are dead so far. Is there something you do other than what's above, that we can try on our own?

Cheers.

Doga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all who will read this comment in the future, I had the same error (Ae won't open a project that it has a dynamic link with Premiere pro,

Whad I did is :

1 - open the Premiere project and exporting it as a normal vide

2 - Removing the Premiere project from its location (so that it'll be a missing file in Ae)

3 - Tried to open Ae now and it WORKED, with  a missing file ofcourse but I replaced footage the Pr file with the video I just exported

hope this helps anyone in the Future.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally had this problem today (a couple of days after you posted your reply) and was pulling my hair out but your solution worked!

Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too after two hours of struggles!  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're amazing! Thank you! This was exactly the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines