Highlighted

After Effects won't preview or render past a certain frame

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to After Effects and have been using it for about a month now. However, sometimes when I come to preview what I have so far, After Effects stick to a certain frame and never stops previewing it, even though my time indicator isn't necessarily on that specific frame. After Effects previews and works perfectly fine before I reach that specific frame - even when I decide to skip it and preview what's after it. I've tried purging, clearing disk cache, restarting my computer, and even disabling effects to see which ones could be causing it. However, the clip works perfectly fine when I preview it alone (with all the effects) but when it comes to the ACTUAL work area, it still stops working. 

I don't know what type of necessary information is required but regardless, here's what I have:

16GB RAM

Windows 10 

After Effects CC 2020

And here is a screenrecording just in case my explanation was confusing:

Also yes, I'm aware there's a warp on the precomposition that isn't on the initial clip but disabling it did not solve my problem : ( 

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects won't preview or render past a certain frame

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to After Effects and have been using it for about a month now. However, sometimes when I come to preview what I have so far, After Effects stick to a certain frame and never stops previewing it, even though my time indicator isn't necessarily on that specific frame. After Effects previews and works perfectly fine before I reach that specific frame - even when I decide to skip it and preview what's after it. I've tried purging, clearing disk cache, restarting my computer, and even disabling effects to see which ones could be causing it. However, the clip works perfectly fine when I preview it alone (with all the effects) but when it comes to the ACTUAL work area, it still stops working. 

I don't know what type of necessary information is required but regardless, here's what I have:

16GB RAM

Windows 10 

After Effects CC 2020

And here is a screenrecording just in case my explanation was confusing:

Also yes, I'm aware there's a warp on the precomposition that isn't on the initial clip but disabling it did not solve my problem : ( 

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some one moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0