Highlighted

After Effects won't stop RAM previewing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will not cease to RAM preview. Can't click out of it, the only way to stop is to right click the icon in the windows search bar and choose "close window" that will prompt a save and let me escape AE. 

I followed the solve outlined in this previous post, but the issue persists. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has made After Effect almost unusable.

Mike

AE 17.0.6

Windows 10 build 1836.815

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

32 GB RAM

Correct answer by daskuhn | Community Beginner

Solved this. 

After Effects stopped recognizing my RTX 2070 when I upgraded to Nvidia's latest studio driver (442.97, realeased on 4/16/20).

Switched to the "game ready" driver and everything started working correctly again.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects won't stop RAM previewing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will not cease to RAM preview. Can't click out of it, the only way to stop is to right click the icon in the windows search bar and choose "close window" that will prompt a save and let me escape AE. 

I followed the solve outlined in this previous post, but the issue persists. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has made After Effect almost unusable.

Mike

AE 17.0.6

Windows 10 build 1836.815

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

32 GB RAM

Correct answer by daskuhn | Community Beginner

Solved this. 

After Effects stopped recognizing my RTX 2070 when I upgraded to Nvidia's latest studio driver (442.97, realeased on 4/16/20).

Switched to the "game ready" driver and everything started working correctly again.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you swapped out your MB and CPU without doing a fresh install of your OS?  As far as I understand (i'm no hardware wiz) this is not ideal and can cause driver conflicts and hardware failure.  You basically got a new computer and just plugged your old hard drive into it.   There are videos of ways around doing a clean OS install but even if you do this perfectly there's still a chance of failure.   If you get a new a computer you should really do a clean OS install.  I may be wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... I think, perhaps, you responded to the wrong post as I make no mention of swapping any hardware whatsoever?

Nope, no MB or CPU upgrade. No hard drive swapping. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, you assumed I had the same circumstances as the previous post I linked. 

No, I meant I tried the solve outlined in the correct answer of that post - using the cleaner tool, etc.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yah. sorry.  I assumed it was your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! I am happy to here that Windows users found a fix for this - but what about us Mac users? I'm on a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina, and Mac doesn't support Nvidia anymore, so we can't do it with a update. Anyone having a solution to this, until Adobe fix this annoying problem?

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi buckster68,

Are you still having this issue? If so, try updating After Effects to the latest and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,
Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0