• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects wont import Premiere sequence

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both After Effects and Premiere are updated to the newest versions and i am getting two error windows when trying to import a premiere file into after effects (I attached screenshots of the two error messages) 

Ive looked everywhere but nobodies soloutions have worked for me. What causes these particular errors and how do i fix this? I am not doing dynamic link because i need the sequence to be cut into individual layers not one big chunkScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.36.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.36.19 AM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are generic errors, so we can't give you an answer just based on your screenshots. You have to provide actual detailed information like system info (beyond "It's a Mac"; that part is obvious), sequence settings, footage and effects used and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my computer specs are

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB

I attached a screenshot of the premiere sequence settings. The footage is from a mini dv tape in a .mov format (i believe prores 422 is the codec) and there is also one iphone video in there. No effects used in the sequenceScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.50.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DV is DV and it is a deprecated legacy format. I'm in fact surprised you could generate a mov, as it's long been unsupported in QT even. That is, of course unless it really has been converted to something else as you claim. In any case, you need to verify these things. If it's indeed native DV then this will not work and you will have to convert it somehow. If it's already ProRes, you CoDecs may simply have a conflict. Reinstalling AE with sufficient user privileges should fix it. It seems to crop up a lot lately.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the footage was proffesionally converted I believe (i did not shoot the footage or get it converted im just editing) and according to the summary when I select get info from finder it says "Codecs: Linear PCM, Apple ProRes 422 HQ". When you say reinstalling AE with sufficient user privileges im not sure what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines